Cataclysm Preperation Compilation

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Cataclysm Preperation Compilation

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

This guide is things I've come across during my theorycrafting for the Cataclysm realese. It gives you some preperation methods and also an overview over the 5 man dungeons, which will come in handy as you do the dungeons.
Most of the tactics are from Wowwiki so they're not my work entirely. I will also update this guide as much as I can since all bosses and such is still on the beta stages.
(Hence the duplicated loot in som cases)

Things you might want to do/know:
• Set your HS to Stormwind or Ogrimmar as they will remove Dalaran and Shattrah portals.
• It's up to you really but the Hyjal starting zone is said to be much easier/faster then Vashj'ir for questing.
• Before you can use the LFG tool you have to discover the entrance to the dungeon.
• Empty your bags as much as you can.
• Make or buy pots, food, elixirs and flasks that improves your best stat and/or enhancements that will shorten downtime such as mana pots for mana users.
• Get your justice points to the cap (4000)
• Make the optimal leveling specc (will most likely not be the same as the optimal pve specc you currently use)
• Get traveler's tundra mount or http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/49040/jeeves/ if you're a engineer (there are many usefull enginering stuff!)

Here's a list of all the food, potions, elixirs and flasks so you can easily get a quick overview of their stats:
Food:
• Haste: Imperial Manta Steak
• Agility: Blackened Dragonfin
• Spirit: Cuttlesteak
• Strength: Dragonfin Filet
• Spell Power: Firecracker Salmon
• Attack Power: Poached Northern Sculpin
• Hit: Snapper Extreme
• Crit Spicy Blue Nettlefish

No-lifer tips:
• Crank Up the AC – Warm, stuffy environments accelerate mental fatigue.
• Cold Water – Splash some on your face and the pulse area of your wrists. Drinking an ice-cold glass of water can also help to wake you up.
• Chew Sugar-Free Peppermint Gum – It won’t rot your teeth and it will generate just enough physical activity to keep you awake. Strong peppermint flavors seem to work best.
• Turn On All the Lights – Darkness promotes sleepiness. Turn on every light in the room.
• Pull Down on Your Earlobes – This may sound strange, but pulling down on your earlobes can help you stay awake and alert when you’re feeling drowsy. Just try it.
• Nutritious Low Carb Snacks – Low carb fruits such as raspberries, apples, oranges, and grapefruits are great energy boosters. Heaping scoops of spicy salsa on a few small crackers is another goodie. Stay away from meats, breads and dairy products.
• Read up on all dungeon tactics.

Source
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Re: Cataclysm Preperation Compilation

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

You forgot 1 vital thing...

Battle Diaper

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

SgtMakkie wrote:You forgot 1 vital thing...

Battle Diaper
That's just wrong..
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

If you're on Dawnbringer, I can cook/alchemy for you for free! <3

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Very good tips. 3/4s of the list are things I've already done. :)
My backpack is crammed full but my 22/24 slot bags are all empty! I have my hearth stone, buff food for my pet and myself, a stack of bandages, health pots, fishing pole, portable mailbox, jeeves, and my engineering ports. The empty bags serve well for vendor trash and stuff for the AH. This is especially true since I've been taking breaks from the 4k justice point grind by doing the old Outland heroic instance daily for the easy 10jp and 13g it awards. With my tank pet, the old heroics are a breeze and have even rewarded me with a few lvl70 BOE epics for the AH. I make about 150+ gold in vendor trash from just one heroic for the daily.

If you get bored with the Wrath heroic group runs and want a break, you can always pick up the daily heroic in Shattrath, empty those bags, and hit the instance solo for some easy gold (and a little jp for your efforts). :D

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes