Your favorite new pet sofar.. (and your faithful standby?)

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Your favorite new pet sofar.. (and your faithful standby?)

Unread post by Slickrock »

So.. after our big taming sprees sofar.. What are you thoughts on the new pets, what is your fav, and what will you be using when out adventuring (we know we'll be bringing different pets for buffs in groups and raids, but which one will you really be using when it's just you and the pet?)

My thoughts...

I really like the undead eagle. Not sure why, but I really like it. It will probably be one of the four pets I always keep active, along with Flameclaw my red lynx.

I'm not sure about Chromie. (No I haven't tamed him yet, but everyone has been putting Chrome in the name, BE ORIGINAL PEOPLE!!!) While he's cool from the front, I was watching one in the AH and I wasn't impressed with the butt-side view, which is what we see the most of. He also doesn't seem to have all the animations of the other core hounds, but I could be wrong on that. Yes, I will still tame him when I get a chance, but I'm not gonna rush it now. I might actually like Gomagez better.

So, what is your favorite sofar?...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Hesantia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Re: Your favorite new pet sofar.. (and your faithful standb

Unread post by Hesantia »

I haven't tamed all the ones I am planning to yet (due to a full stable from taming pets with different skins to choose from) but I have to say, as I have before, the one I am really fond of right now, is Shangos new tiger skin. It really looks better than I could imagine, and I think that my lvl 30-80 faithful Humar, and my lvl 80 faithful Loque, might have to step aside for this one.

Other than that, I have recently tamed the outland raptors, and they might give a good competition aswell, since I think their movements are just adorable :lol:

Sig by me ^^

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

My silithid ant is my favorite new tame so far.

But, when it comes to leveling when Cataclysm is out, I'll be running around with Argolak, my faithful armored boar.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

I like my Ashtail, and my new Silithid ant.

No one will ever, ever replace Gustiver.
Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Arkiss »

I am smitten with my new fox Tibs, as well as Amarok's new skin (went from vargul blighthound to beryl hound - the way I wanted from the start.) I see myself using them for PvE content, but when the chips are down and it needs to be done right I fall back to Rak'shiri for damage output, or to Felfrost (my previous Tanklizard's son) for threat management.

And in case you should wonder, and in case you should care...on that night of all nights, we were already there.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I still love my worms. Been using Terra on one char (retamed him so he's white now) and Ruination on another (black skin). But if I can ever get Chrom, he'll probably end up my fav...but I do like my fox, Skeeter, as well...

So many new good ones!
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

Panzer is still my favorite little tank, and Kurasu's signature pet. He will be with me almost all the time (for those pesky elite quests especially). Suresh, my Serpent, is definitely going to be with me all the time as well. Guido, my Spirit Beast, is there, too; I've really fallen in love with Gondria's look and the heals are vastly useful. For others, though, I haven't decided. I don't know who all I've bonded with and who is only there as a portable buff... or not at all.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

My white worm is my favorite. Though I've been power-leveling my shaman so haven't touched the hunters lately.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Kitairra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Kitairra »

Tough call really...I love love love my Gezzarek...she'll be my around town pet for sure! (and yes,I fully intend to level her...lol).
But I also have a blue crab from Theramore that i absolutely adore!! Esmerelda looks pissed and wants to hurt things... :lol: Even scares me a little :shock: She will be my new main tank at 80...

For my true blue,love her forever,always by my side when things get tough..Sianna,my Shy-Rotam.Shes been with me since I was 70...she went on a short "vacation" recentely...and she will be by my side when they shut down the servers for good. :hug:

Kitairra
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I love that Gezz is re-tameable. She'll be my favorite, but it's a close call between the two foxes I tamed right of the get-go.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, my new favorite by far is my red fox Tallia. I just love her! :D
Honestly, I'm not sure who my old standby would be anymore. Since the faction change, the old bonds have faded with some of my oldest pets. I suppose it would be Stompi my rhino or Pepper my black devilsaur. They don't seem to mind I'm an Orc now. Of course, Stompi doesn't mind that she's been three different colors on two different factions. ;)
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I adore the foxes, and yeah I eventually broke down and camped to get Ashtail myself.

I picked up the Karazhan ghost doggies, The Lone Hunter, the undead eagle, a black fox, Ghamoo-ra, Gezzarak, and a seagull-just because they are hilarious.

So far, I've been working on leveling Ghamoo-ra and my Ashtail. Ghamoo because I have only one other tank pet-the fuzzy ghost worm-and seeing as I am helping a lower level friend level, tanks are good to have. The foxes are adorable, though their bark is a bit irritating. The undead eagle is a lot of fun, and while I'll keep him he is not my fave for questing.

My Loque'nahak is still my fave pet-and with the new healing ability on the spirit beast=love! He's been my most used pet-outside of raids-ever since I got him months ago. Now he's my first stable spot pet, and he does not rotate out. I'm actually timid about putting him in the stable. When they released the larger stables, my Gondria disappeared for a few days. I couldn't stand loosing Loque.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

My fave is my Shango reskin Bladefang. I love that model now. My second would be my Gezz for any tough tanking, though I did spec her more for damage...I need a name for her though lol
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

I really like my Fox Ashtail and my favorite is tame is my blue brain bug
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I tamed a lot of pets when the patch went live...a few just for fun, but most of them to keep. I love all of them, but at the top of that favourites list is definitely Reznor, my purple warpstalker. :) <3

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Hmm.

I have some immediate attachments to certain new pets (Ariadne the brainbug, Andromeda the dragonhawk), but with my pets leveled, I keep filling my active stable with my three standbys from back in BC, when I started: Ursa the bear, Atalanta the cat, and Orpheus the spider. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kathrane
Realm: Durotan

Unread post by Kathrane »

New faves? Hmm, for my eldest hunter, Bitsy (Ashtail) and Boaz (Ghamoo-Ra) seems to play fine with my the rest in my stable, however I can't seem to stray far from Barnaby, my wolf. Had him since I started the game in vanilla, and really can't see myself ever going anywhere without him. Sadly, my trusty tank pet Boogie Bear underwent a skin change that I'm not very fond of at all. In truth it looked to age him horribly (went from Polar bear to greyish/blue). I went out and tamed Bjorn (Bjarn :shock: ) in order to take over his legacy however I'm having difficulty letting go (couldn't bring myself to rename him Boogie as there will always only be one Boogie in my heart). For my baby hunters, haven't decided yet who should get who, but I suppose I have all of Cata to sort that out. :)

P.S. Horatio Lane in Westfall. Priceless :headbang:

Thanks Striv for the siggy!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Got some excellent color-coordination going on there, Vephriel. All you need is some purple-tinged armor.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Nenuarë
Realm: Les Sentinelles (FR)

Unread post by Nenuarë »

I immediately fell in love with my Ashtail (haven't found a name yet), sooo cute ! :hug:
And of course, Slaverjaw the red hyena from Tanaris. But for me it's not a new pet : I only got my good old friend back ;)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Definitely Buru. The purple/red brain bug has always been one of my favorite skins, ever since seeing it for the first time years ago. I'd think to myself "Man, if I could tame that!" But then my friend points out, Silithids are intelligent like dragons, so it doesn't make sense to tame one.

Fast forward a few years...

LOLOGIC