Pet Stable themes

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kotamaku

Pet Stable themes

Unread post by Kotamaku »

Well since we can hold up to 20 pets in our stables at a time, and well it doesn't take 25 to cover all the available buffs and debuffs. I thought why not also include a sort of pet theme. Well for the pets you can tame for buffs and just for filling up the slots. How about creating a sort of theme for your pets.

Mine is a silithid hive. I have for the theme 2 silithid reavers, a silithid colosi, a beetle, 2 normal silithid wasp, a silithid boss wasp, and finnaly a silithid worker ant. Gotta love when old pets change into new ones. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else has tried to make a certain theme for their stable's extra slots. If so talk about how you came up with the dicision.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Re: Pet Stable themes

Unread post by Andine »

Oh boy. I rather avoid taming two beasts of the same family. If I have one more normally looking, and I find a more exotic one, I just abandon the old one. So, not really much place for themes... unless you count Bear-wolf-cat-bat-bird for the main "team" a theme.
Phoronid
Realm: Silver Hand

Unread post by Phoronid »

I made a new forsaken hunter, and every pet is planned to be diseased, undead, ghostly, spirit, albino, or oil-stained. (Albino was added to my theme late, since it covers quite a few more pet types I will doubtlessly eventually need, like corehound)

I can actually cover most necessary buffs that way, and keep the theme. I just hope that I can get to 37 before Cata in case the undead-ish hawk (via the WPL quest) goes away.

(BoPrey, wolf, bear, corehound, worm, cat, moth,... lots to choose from!)
Alastiel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU - Aszune

Unread post by Alastiel »

Well, I have a colour theme for my whole stable. I've gone for white, grey, blues and bluish greens. Cold colours, basically.
All chosen to match my Nelf Huntress (with silvery white hair and glowing bluish eyes). If a few more skins became available, I could possibly create my ideal stable. :mrgreen:

Four of these are currently unavailable, and at least two of them seem unlikely to become available at all. But I can still hope! :D
(Not that I don't think we have been given enough already. I'm just dreaming. :))
Two useful buffs have unfortunately been neglected, all in the name of prettiness!

Aaand, I could (should, perhaps) have gone for a white old world wolf, but Snarler looks so FLUFFY!

Edit: Re-reading this post makes me realise what a girl I am. Colour-coordinated stables... *sigh*
Last edited by Alastiel on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My undead hunter, Spiders, will have every spider model in the game. That's 22 in total, leaving 3 extra spots for a few flavor pets. All spiders though, pretty much. :D
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

After thinking it through, I guess getting undead pets for undead hunters will be kind of theme, though I'm not hellbent on getting everything undead or filling everything with them. Certainly diseased bear and wolf (there aren't any diseased worg models, are there?), and the undead hawk. I don't think much other families have tameable undead members.
Kotamaku

Oh diseased pets and spiders? I think there was a plagued hyena before. There is also the whole blight hounds and dark hounds you could grab. Plus color themes are awesome.
Grokan
Realm: Garrosh

Unread post by Grokan »

While my stable is pretty varied, my active stable ATM is all core hounds. I have Chromaggus, Gomegaz (green/yellow), The Kurken, and an Ancient Core Hound (red) from Molten Core. The Kurken and Chromaggus are my top two, as they took the most work to obtain.
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Andine »

Kotamaku wrote:Oh diseased pets and spiders? I think there was a plagued hyena before. There is also the whole blight hounds and dark hounds you could grab. Plus color themes are awesome.
Ah yes, might grab a darkhound too.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

I don't have a complete theme as such, however I have collected/aim to collect all ghostly/spirit creatures possible and the rest of the stables are taken by either unique-skinned rares or general unique-skinned mobs which appeal to me. For instance, I just tamed Shadowclaw, Duskstaker and Duskfang.

I am known as the "Spirit Hunter" in my guild xD

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

amrasillias
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by amrasillias »

Varethyn wrote:I don't have a complete theme as such, however I have collected/aim to collect all ghostly/spirit creatures possible and the rest of the stables are taken by either unique-skinned rares or general unique-skinned mobs which appeal to me. For instance, I just tamed Shadowclaw, Duskstaker and Duskfang.

I am known as the "Spirit Hunter" in my guild xD
^^This :) Also have a lot of ghostly pets, and Baset, my other hunter is the Feline Goddess, she mostly has sabre cats, some lions and a ghost sabre...
amrasillias
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Unread post by amrasillias »

Alastiel wrote:Well, I have a colour theme for my whole stable. I've gone for white, grey, blues and bluish greens. Cold colours, basically.
All chosen to match my Nelf Huntress (with silvery white hair and glowing bluish eyes). If a few more skins became available, I could possibly create my ideal stable. :mrgreen:

Four of these are currently unavailable, and at least two of them seem unlikely to become available at all. But I can still hope! :D
(Not that I don't think we have been given enough already. I'm just dreaming. :))
Two useful buffs have unfortunately been neglected, all in the name of prettiness!

Aaand, I could (should, perhaps) have gone for a white old world wolf, but Snarler looks so FLUFFY!

Edit: Re-reading this post makes me realise what a girl I am. Colour-coordinated stables... *sigh*
Hehe, love it, you are well organized ;) Great pet choices!
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Andine wrote:After thinking it through, I guess getting undead pets for undead hunters will be kind of theme, though I'm not hellbent on getting everything undead or filling everything with them. Certainly diseased bear and wolf (there aren't any diseased worg models, are there?), and the undead hawk. I don't think much other families have tameable undead members.
There's an undead boar; I want to say Razonrfen Downs is where you find it. Then there's the Felwood cat, which sort of counts.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Foxfire

Unread post by Foxfire »

Alastiel wrote: Edit: Re-reading this post makes me realise what a girl I am. Colour-coordinated stables... *sigh*
That makes me feel pretty bad. I'm a guy and I've tried to go pretty much all white pets so they much my draenei hunters hair. :headbang:

The only couple that aren't white are Gondria (and hey she's see through so in the snow she's white), Chrommagus (who will probably just sit in the stable while I use Allison [The Kurken]), a silithid as I couldn't find a white silithid, so I got a blue one and the ghost arrakoa bird because it's teal + grey translucent wings look awesome.

Kotamaku

Foxfire wrote:
Alastiel wrote: Edit: Re-reading this post makes me realise what a girl I am. Colour-coordinated stables... *sigh*
That makes me feel pretty bad. I'm a guy and I've tried to go pretty much all white pets so they much my draenei hunters hair. :headbang:

The only couple that aren't white are Gondria (and hey she's see through so in the snow she's white), Chrommagus (who will probably just sit in the stable while I use Allison [The Kurken]), a silithid as I couldn't find a white silithid, so I got a blue one and the ghost arrakoa bird because it's teal + grey translucent wings look awesome.

There is a white northrend worm now that is tameable, and of course snowleopards you can tame. To me snowleopards seem more feminine.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Unread post by Kurasu »

The main theme of my stable is unfortunately nothing but 'OH MY GOD THAT'S COOL!'. I have a lot of teal/aqua and white pets, a number of black ones, and more that were just plain awesome. I guess I'm not enough of a girlyguy to color-coordinate other than that. :(

Although I will admit that I prefer pastels to really vibrant colors most of the time. Shiny, black, and white are really about the only exceptions, and white is probably its own exception considering, well, you can't exactly get 'pastel white'. :D
Come see Kurasu's stables!
Tratzul
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Duskwood {US}

Unread post by Tratzul »

I'm actually trying to go for a brown/ gold theme for my Tauren Hunter, Owakhale.

I had to add in gold, since I don't think there's a ton of brown colored pets. @.@

Currently I have the (non-barking) Coyote model from Mulgore - Tawchi.

*needs to think of the other 19-24* @.@
Image | {Waiting for Cata}
MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

My draenei hunter is white skinned and white haired, so with few exceptions her pets are white. The exceptions being pets that do not come in a white skin (such as ravagers), and pets that I simply like one of the non-white skins a lot more than I like the white skinned ones (such as devilsaurs).

The human hunter I'm currently playing has black hair and is going to get black pets. So far she has two pets: the starter wolf (which I threw into the stables instead of abandoning for reasons unknown to me) and a rather blood thirsty black fox.

I'm one of those people who like the beginning of games so I have made many many many hunters only to later delete them. They have also been themed; a blood elf with red and orange pets, a draenei with exoskeleton pets (crabs, silithids), a troll with large teethed pets to match his tusks...
Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

My Petopians hunter Niori is my "theme" hunter (tried it at first with Sers but didn't keep with it). Niori is a jet black tauren hunter with only monochrome pets, or as close to monochrome as some families allow. They all also have Native American names mostly do to the fact that I thought that would also be a fun theme to have with her. Please take into account that Niori is only level 26 so her stable is far from complete

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Icharia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden US

Unread post by Icharia »

Ever since I leveled my first baby hunter (and all the hunters afterwards) I've been a fan of those pets that are one skin one mob and those mobs being generally hard to find/tame. I still remember the 72 hours I put in for Humar way back in the summer of '06. I'm also a big fan of cats, but I've tried to restrain myself and keep some room for 80+ zone pets (I'm coming for you Ghostcrawler).