About that big fiery turtle?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

About that big fiery turtle?

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I finally hit level 81, and went to look for Terrorpene. A few minutes too late, it seemed, as someone else discovered it, got a group together, and killed him. So they said, anyways- I didn't actually see a body, but seeing as it happened around the time other people on other realms said they were taming him, it could be. While he hasn't been around long enough to get good data, does anyone have an idea what his respawn timer would be? I'm hoping it's not something ungodly like the high level old world rares, or even some of the spirit beasts. Another question- I hear he does a ton of damage, so I'm hoping to get as far away from him as possible and use a corehound's buff. I fear that might not be enough, though, at 81, and was wondering if that should work, or if I'll need a lot more? Thanks for any help, I really want mah turtle!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: About that big fiery turtle?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have no info on him other than he hits like a truck wielding a truck, and pats around the lava near Sulfuron's Spire. I'm camping him now, hopefully I'm lucky and with a speedy potion, Core Hound Lust, and possibly friend help I can nab him. :D

Anyone happen to know his NPC id while we're on the subject?
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

I am camping it as well, anyone know the npc id so i can add him to npcscan?
Vephriel

MMO Champion has his npc id as 50058. I feel pretty confident in their info, so I'm going to go by that. :)

Thanks Moonlost for finding that for me. ^^
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

got it locked in, if i post back that means i found it and it worked, if i don't then i pry fell asleep. =P
Vephriel

Haven't gone to sleep yet....still camping for Terrorpene.

Getting tired though. T_T
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Vephriel wrote:Haven't gone to sleep yet....still camping for Terrorpene.

Getting tired though. T_T
You can do it Veph! If anyone can I believe its you at lvl 81!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Yeah, I woke up about an hour ago (Pacific Standard Time here). You may want to take a nap ;)
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Imamess

Unread post by Imamess »

Does Terrorpene spawn anywhere in the eastern crescent moon area, or a specific spot?
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Azjol-Nerub at 2:30pm, just missed Big Fiery to Satanita, a NElf hunter (big grats to her :)). I intend to come back tomorrow and try again.
Vephriel wrote:MMO Champion has his npc id as 50058. I feel pretty confident in their info, so I'm going to go by that. :)

Thanks Moonlost for finding that for me. ^^
I added this number shortly after spotting him tamed by Satanita, and it came up as cached. I assume this means its confirmed :)

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Wakse
Realm: Elune

Unread post by Wakse »

I just tamed Terrorpene on Elune (french serv) after a camp of 11h. The serv was down last night until 5h35am and i camped her ever since. I got her around 4h35 pm today.
She spawned at the south east of the lave pool. Terrorpene's Id is 50058.

Koumaru
Realm: Dalaran - US PvE

Unread post by Koumaru »

I tamed Terrorpene at 2am on the Dalaran US-PvE server. I can confirm the ID of 50058, my NPCScan addon spotted him immediately when he spawned using that ID.

I camped the area for 4 hours the previous night, and 8 hours into last night's camping session, as I was about to give up and go to sleep, he spawned in the southeast corner of the lava pools.

I had 211 FR stacked via a flask, drums, enchants, and an AH green FR chest. Given that his fire attack is affected four times as heavily by FR as a normal attack, I was effectively resistance capped and then some, taking a grand total of 13,000 fire damage before acquiring him with ease on the first try as a level-81 hunter.

Heck, I was standing in the lava the whole time I was taming him, because he was moving out of range of the island I was standing on, and I wasn't going to risk losing him.

So the moral of the story, that I've repeated on numerous WoW forums already, is that fire resistance is indeed the way to go to solo tame him effortlessly. The 70% haste I stacked in addition to that turned out to be overkill.

Was it worth 12 hours and a near mental breakdown to get my new friend? HECK YEAH.