Gorebite's quest chain... question about quests afterwards.

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Gorebite's quest chain... question about quests afterwards.

Unread post by Pent »

I had tamed Gorebite (purple crocolisk that is spawned during a quest) yesterday, and had abandoned the quest afterwards so if something happened I could always go back and retame Gorebite.

Does anyone know if by not completing that chain will other quests NOT open up? I can not seem to find any other Ramkahen quests after I did the other two guy's quest chains and abandoned the Gorebite event quest.

I was able to easily go and keep doing the Harrison Jones line, but I cannot find any other quests involving the cat-people.

I am sitting at 90/108 quests in Uldum, and I have not done any dungeon quests there... and I am not sure how many Dailies there are...

Any help is greatly appreciated.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Gorebite's quest chain... question about quests afterwar

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm not sure, but I can say for sure that in the Cata zones nearly every quest is crucial. If it was part of a chain, then it must be done.

Sorry I can't be much more help.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, you'll have to finish that quest to continue along that chain. Many quests in Cataclysm are dependent on completing others I've noticed.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Yeah I ended up grabbing both Gorebite and a purple scarab on my way through questing in Uldum. I didn't specifically want either of them right this second, but I also don't want to never have the option again. If you ask me they've gone a bit too crazy with the phasing tech in this expansion. :(
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Mm, yeah, I grabbed one of the Amethyst Beetles from the Harrison Ford chain and was glad I did since only after did I realize you can only get that purple scarab colour during that quest.
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

i tamed one last night and abandond it in seconds thinking i can come back i made a gm ticked to see if i can get it back now.
Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

Anyia wrote:Yeah I ended up grabbing both Gorebite and a purple scarab on my way through questing in Uldum. I didn't specifically want either of them right this second, but I also don't want to never have the option again. If you ask me they've gone a bit too crazy with the phasing tech in this expansion. :(
Not true. once you phase the scarabs into existance, they are still there after the questline is complete, I just checked it myself. ;)
Wut?
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Tulune wrote:
Anyia wrote:Yeah I ended up grabbing both Gorebite and a purple scarab on my way through questing in Uldum.
Not true. once you phase the scarabs into existance, they are still there after the questline is complete, I just checked it myself. ;)
Oh really? *plans a trip over to Uldum to verify before freeing up a stable slot*
Thanks for the info!
Pent
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Pent - Mt. Hyjal - Alliance

Unread post by Pent »

I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe you can still get Gorebite after the quest too... you just have to be at that place when someone else is starting the event and grab Gorebite when he spawns and before he makes it down into the pit. The other two crocs will appear once Gorebite is dealt with.

The reason I am not 100% sure that you can do it is I do not know if that area in Uldum becomes phased afterwards.
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

I need more hunters, IMO.

"A hobby should pass the time, not fill it." --Norman Bates "Psycho"
Martial1562
Realm: Fenris

Unread post by Martial1562 »

Pent wrote:I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe you can still get Gorebite after the quest too... you just have to be at that place when someone else is starting the event and grab Gorebite when he spawns and before he makes it down into the pit. The other two crocs will appear once Gorebite is dealt with.

The reason I am not 100% sure that you can do it is I do not know if that area in Uldum becomes phased afterwards.
You can still get Gorebite when another person does the quest and its no big deal since it doesn't effect completion of the quest for the other player.