Madexx - finally tamed, but not sure about the colors...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Madexx - finally tamed, but not sure about the colors...

Unread post by Araela »

Hey all. I know there have been a ton of posts about Madexx and wanting a specific color scheme, or just going with whatever you can get. I got the black one:

I originally wanted blue, green, or red. Brown was my LAST choice, so I'm not disappointed with the black per se, but I don't know if I should be happy with what I got or continue looking for another scheme.

There was a thread going around a couple days ago that was talking about the game giving you your destined color scheme. I'll be honest, I'm getting tired of camping pets because I have all the ones that I want now... the black is starting to grow on me.

Thoughts? Am I being too picky? Who knows, maybe this will end up being my preference. :D
Jin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Eonar EU

Re: Madexx - finally tamed, but not sure about the colors...

Unread post by Jin »

Oh I must have missed that thread, could you link it please if you remember which one it was.

Your image is quite small but I think he looks like a good match for you, its something with the way his stinger and details match your red hair and you both wearing dark armor that looks almost like it was made for you.

I did get one of my top two choices and I'm happy. I wont camp it anymore. I will go enjoy the game instead and give others a chance to get him but I will check back from time to time during low population hours and if I find the other I'll have a look at him and possibly tame him if I like him. Thats my take on it! :)
Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

Grats on the tame! Madexx is the last pet I need to complete my stable for the moment so I'm still hanging out to see what colour I'll get.

I think in the end they'll all grow on you, regardless of the colour. Personally I would at the very least have a break - at the most go AFK with NPC scan on when you're not using the computer or whatever, and if one happens to spawn on you in a colour you'd like... well. :D

Perhaps in a week or two you'll also have decided an affirmative yay or nay on this one's colouring :)

Hati
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Hati »

Hoping to get red or green,but at the end i probably wont care what colour i get :mrgreen:
Crashh
Realm: Frostmourne (US)

Unread post by Crashh »

I'm in the EXACT same boat. I wanted blue/red, found black and tamed, but now I don't really want him. I'm going to go straight back to camping him after I finish camping Aeonaxx (Likely never, but anyway). I have to say though, at first I was considering just abandoning, but he has grown on me a little. ;)
Music

Unread post by Music »

I also tamed the black one yesterday as well. My first choice was blue, but I've grown to love this one! :hug:

Theaden
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Trollbane US, Lightbringer US

Unread post by Theaden »

Been looking for the black one on Trollbane, seen the brown one dead but I think all these restarts are messing with my rare spawn timers.

Good Luck all with the CAT rare tames.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

Yeah after thinking about it and conferring with my husband (who still thinks I'm crazy for sitting and waiting for rare pets in the first place, lol) I have decided to keep the black one. If I end up running into another color, great, but for now at least I'm not going to sit there for another 8+ hours hoping that he'll spawn, and I can tame it before someone kills it. haha. I got that black one at 3am my time so yeah.. need to get back onto a regular sleeping schedule.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Heh, I ended up with the Blue Madexx, though Black was my first choice, however I've really grown attached to the Blue so I'm going to say that fate chose the colour for me. ;)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

If I could stop being so slow at leveling, I'd go get this guy. Blue is the last color I want, any of the others will be welcome as I like them all pretty equally (brown being my first choice, but eh). Knowing my luck, I'll get blue. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I want the blue or green one! I just hope I don't have to fend off too much competition. I tried for Terrorpene and had a goblin and dwarf shooing me off. ><
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Astratia
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Astratia »

I wanted the blue version of him as well when I saw what he looks like. Blue being my favorite color, and the skin making him look like a night sky, it was very appealing.

However, I was presented with the black and red skin, which due to his presentation to me when I first laid eyes on him, am not disappointed one bit.

If you wanna know what happened :
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7661

The idea of this rare with different skins makes the rare hunt just a little more suspenseful, and even fun. What color will you get? Will you tame it or hand him off to another? I wouldn't be too upset if they did this for other rares as well. I might be a little more picky next time, but hey who knows right?

Stick with your black one ^^ You two look good along each others sides.

Art Credit to Lupin Dark Wolf