Mounts: PTR Testers Please read.[Upd. 3-5]

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Mounts: PTR Testers Please read.[Upd. 3-5]

Unread post by Rikaku »

This is for some mount questions I have regarding the new patch. So if any PTR peeps are out there and know the answer, clue us in? :D

Mounts: (general)
-In 4.0.6 a lot of the positioning of the way riders sit on dragon mounts got messed up (leading to us sitting 'halfways' inside the mount. has this been fixed?

Stone Drakes (AKA Vitreous, Volcanic, Phosporous, Sandstone):
- Do they have sounds added now?
-Is the extra webbing finally removed?
(webbing issue shown here, but please ignore the "square on wingtips" issue. That error is already fixed as of 4.0.6; I just didn't want to re-edit screenshots off Wowhead again.
Vitreous Errors: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270 ... errors.jpg
Sandstone Errors: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270 ... Errors.jpg )
- Is the Sandstone Drake's foot fixed?
Sandstone Error: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270 ... F_foot.png
FIXED!

Drakes of the Wind (AKA North, West, South, East):
-Do they have sounds added now?
-Last patch they had Skoll-like lightning wrapped around their bodies. Is this lightning fixed (aka is it moving now?)

Talbuk
- Does the white one have it's glorious hooves/horns back yet? FIXED!

New Mounts of ZA/ZG
I'm dying to hear any and all info about the new mounts as shown on MMO-champion, so if PTR testers figure it out, tell us (pretty pretty please?)

If I think of anything else, I'll add it in.
Last edited by Rikaku on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:29 am, edited 6 times in total.

Eraanagosa
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Mounts: PTR Testers Please read.

Unread post by Eraanagosa »

Oh I really hope those are fixed.
Also having the Sandstone Drake walk around sounding like he is a corehound gets annoying. I hope they fix that too
Eraanagosa and Sköll.
Image created by Jocarra
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I had two people walk around me as a sandstone drake and I never heard any sounds. Never noticed any graphical errors either...I just wish they would fix the stone drakes on where a person sits...it looks ridiculous seeing a tiny lil person swinging in the air under the belly...you can't even see the person they're landed.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

I'd also love to know what the deal is with the Stone Drakes. Mainly the sand one.

I'd also really love to be able to /sit and /sleep as a drake. *grabby hands*
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Also test if the Cenarion War Hippogryph makes noise now.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

The Sandstone drake I never noticed graphical errors on, and don't have anyone I can currently take for a ride. But, the mountspecial now has the START of a noise... it growls, takes a breath... and then nothing :lol:

Edit: Passengers now sit properly on the BACK of the Sandstone drake, although they aren't quite on the saddle, more like inside it :P

http://i54.tinypic.com/2lsxweo.png

There are, however, major graphical glitches with the STANDARD drakes, which I'll be making a separate thread about in a minute if there are none up already : /
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by erwil »

Acherontia wrote: There are, however, major graphical glitches with the STANDARD drakes, which I'll be making a separate thread about in a minute if there are none up already : /
>.<
So I might actually get to see the morphing glitches someone mentioned in one of the Sand drake topics. I wonder what the drake glitches and patch days fall down to.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Acherontia wrote:The Sandstone drake I never noticed graphical errors on, and don't have anyone I can currently take for a ride. But, the mountspecial now has the START of a noise... it growls, takes a breath... and then nothing :lol:

Edit: Passengers now sit properly on the BACK of the Sandstone drake, although they aren't quite on the saddle, more like inside it :P

http://i54.tinypic.com/2lsxweo.png

There are, however, major graphical glitches with the STANDARD drakes, which I'll be making a separate thread about in a minute if there are none up already : /
Well at least passengers ride somewhat right now XD

Actually the same graphical errors you see on the Volcanic, Phosporous and Vitreous drakes are the same graphical errors on the Sandstone drake. All 4 of them use the same model, just different colors. I checked all the different "stone" drakes today (between my guildies and my friends, we have all 3 other than Phosporous covered) and all of them had the same graphical glitches my Sandstone had.

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Could you show a screenshot of the graphical glitches on the "stone" drakes? I've never seen anything wrong with them; is it maybe only visible on a certain graphics setting or am I just not noticing it?

Edit--yes they still sound corehoundey when walking, didn't see that question earlier :P
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Acherontia wrote:Could you show a screenshot of the graphical glitches on the "stone" drakes? I've never seen anything wrong with them; is it maybe only visible on a certain graphics setting or am I just not noticing it?

Edit--yes they still sound corehoundey when walking, didn't see that question earlier :P
Sure. I have to link these because the images are huge.
NOTE: I DID NOT TAKE THESE. I USED THEM OFF THE WOWHEAD SHOTS. CREDIT IS NOT MINE (other then redtexting it) XD

Ok so here's the Vitreous and Sandstone errors. Each has the errors highlighted.
Vitreous Errors: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270 ... errors.jpg
Sandstone Errors: http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270 ... Errors.jpg

The Volcanic and Phosphorous Drakes all have these errors too.
As for seeing them, it really just takes a close glance at them from certain angles (the square at the wing tips ONLY appear if you look at them face on) or when they're in flight (webbing issue).

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ahh, I see. The wing boxes are probably down to all of the spikes converging and screwing up the graphics from the front, but I genuinely thought the wing flaps were meant to be. : / Next time I'm on the PTR I'll check, but in all honesty, if they fixed that before they (FINALLY?!) fixed tabards on sitting tauren females I'd be upset :lol:

Edit--the boxes on the wings ARE fixed on the PTR.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Acherontia wrote:Ahh, I see. The wing boxes are probably down to all of the spikes converging and screwing up the graphics from the front, but I genuinely thought the wing flaps were meant to be. : / Next time I'm on the PTR I'll check, but in all honesty, if they fixed that before they (FINALLY?!) fixed tabards on sitting tauren females I'd be upset :lol:

Edit--the boxes on the wings ARE fixed on the PTR.
Ah cool at least one part is fixed then

Yeah I thought the wing flaps were meant to be there until I noticed that in WMV and on datamined images, the drake does not have them.
MMO-Champion: http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/ne ... edrake.jpg
From our own Erwil in another post (WMV): http://forums.wow-petopia.com/download/file.php?id=6218

As you can see, both images don't have the webbing, which makes me think somewhere in a patch file the dragons got messed up between beta and now. :(

edit:
What's the tauren female issue? Not to be a smartaleck, I genuinely don't have any tauren characters XD

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

When they sit down, and this is for as long as I remember (since TBC start), their tabards turn into a massive triangular block between their knees, lol >.<
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Any news on the storm drakes? New roars maybe?
Also do they actually have upper teeth on the PTR? Right now they only have shark-like rows of teeth in the lower jaw. :(
Not sure if it's intentional but I can imagine my poor buddy finds it hard to chew his food with only half a mouth full of teeth.

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Be like a cow...or something...the Netherdrakes have multiple rows of teeth too (well, only 2 if I remember right, in the upper jaw, cause they didn't have front teeth in the lower). Netherdrakes can't really chew either...them back teeth don't even fit in the mouth, even when open!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: Mounts: PTR Testers Please read.[Upd for 4.1]

Unread post by Rikaku »

Updated for my questions for the 4.1 PTR testers

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

ok no sounds for the drakes of winds as of yet however.. yes they have teeth now

as you can see, top and bottom.. not the best picture but its not easy getting one lol.
and I dont have the stone ones so Idk about them and nope no effects like skoll yet

but hey atleast they can chew there food now
Attachments
mountsp.jpg
mountsp.jpg (258.27 KiB) Viewed 3240 times

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Cool, I remember some people were concerned over that. Ironically, that's like the problem Loque had for awhile (he had no teeth on his entire right side XD). Good to see there is some changes.

Hmm now wonder what they'll continue to do in this patch :3 It's still very early.

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Samarachan »

Sorry, not really up to date. Which white talbuk? War or Riding? And, what is expected? D: (really sorry)

Also, Cenarion war hippo makes no sounds other than the standard "roar" when you mount or the "cry" when stuff attack you. Didn't hear flapping at all.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Samarachan wrote:Sorry, not really up to date. Which white talbuk? War or Riding? And, what is expected? D: (really sorry)

Also, Cenarion war hippo makes no sounds other than the standard "roar" when you mount or the "cry" when stuff attack you. Didn't hear flapping at all.
Sorry, I'll fix that. White War Talbuk

Prior to 4.0.6 the mount had a graphical issue (which Blizzard didn't original intend but admitted they left it in due to being quite popular) which made the hooves and horns of the white war talbuk have a bright purple color to them. Post 4.0.6, this issue was fixed and they are now colored a proper grey tone. Blizzard admitted they planned to revert the White War Talbuk back to the popular purple color, but had no set date when.