This is the story of a warp stalker

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

This is the story of a warp stalker

Unread post by Quiv »

So on my lowbie hunter, I have made an effort to tame, and use, pets that I normally dont have any draw toward. This brought me to the warp stalker family.

Well I decided to go after the displaced warp stalkers in Winterspring. The tame went beautifully, no real problem. Hes ugly, Im ugly, it should be a perfect fit.

While I was out trying to get a feel for the odd creature, I noticed he was a bit fussier than I expected. Sure all new pets go through that "breaking in" phase where you have to make them happy, but happy as he was, he was still just.. fussy. No two ways about it. Then I realized his mouth was gaping all the time. I could hear slight coughing, and it dawned on me that this little dude had something stuck in his throat. So I get on all fours and see if I could help the little guy.

Sure enough, he had a glob of... something stuck in there. After some careful prodding, I was able to loosen it so he could cough it up. Whatever he tried to eat, it was foul. I mean foul.

Anyway, he finally settled down by my side. I still dont know what to make of this thing, I doubt he knows what to make of me either. Still gotta name the bugger.

the thing that caused this is when I tamed him, I realized his mouth stayed open in the pose he had prior to taming. Not the normal warpstalker idle animation. once he was dismissed and brought back out, he returned to normal, but while he was out, his mouth was open the entire time. Quite funny looking.
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: This is the story of a warp stalker

Unread post by Samarachan »

Teeheh thats adorable :3
Glad he's all better now:)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Awwww. He fits your Worgen really well!
That second picture is adorable. He's giving you this happy, grateful look.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Those pictures are adorable!

I went and tamed one myself and noticed the same bug. But when I hearthed right after that, it seemed the teleportation cleared the bug out of his throat for mine.
Socks
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US-Eonar

Unread post by Socks »

Quivering wrote: Image
IS THAR ANYTHING IN MAH TEETHZ!?
-Iunno lemme get a closer loo-AMGWUTISTHAT!?

Haha, beautiful story, I <3 warpies, I know you'll have a strong bond :3

Ghostcrawler's Gifted: 8

Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I LOVE your screenies. Particularly the second one with him looking at you so thankfully and lovingly. :D
Bundia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bundia »

This post reminds me of the love that my lowbie hunter found with that particular warpestalker skin. I decided that I wanted to pick up a Warpestalker for her as soon as she was high enough to see how I liked them with her. I had planned on moving my Gezzarak over to her since I don't have the need for yet another Tenacity pet on my main Hunter. But it was so strange because as soon as I tamed this skin, I just fell in love. Peat (that's his new name) was just a perfect fit for Jedda. It's so odd when you find out that something so ugly can just transform into a beauty. He reminds me of a bulldog. He's so ugly that he's cute!

I just wanted to add my 2 cents since I know exactly the feeling you had. Much love for the displaced warpestalker!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats on your new friend. I think he suits your worgen.
I have the same skin on my main. Her name is Sica (pronounced "she-cha" which means "evil" in Sioux). Her color reminded me of forests and moss and such and there's a state park near here named Sica Hollow, and, warpies are bit evil, so, she became Sica. But, anyway, when I tamed her, I noticed the same mouth gaping until I dismissed and resummoned her. A bit odd.