Time to let a lot of pets go :(

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Time to let a lot of pets go :(

Unread post by Royi »

I have a lot of pets I never use in my stables, they are all stuck at lvl 82 and I don't think I'll be leveling them anytime soon.

I plan on doing a small event perhaps tonight in Org near the hunters there to release them into a good home. Or else I should give the pets to Breanni in Dalaran? She specializes in mini-pets more so likely i'll drop them off with all the hunter trainers in Org. Does anyone know of a different better hunter trainer place to let pets go at?

Thing is, I have all the Spirit Beasts, and all the WOTLK/Cata rares... but I hardly ever use them! I figure if I come across them in the future, then I'll retame if it feels right. Heck, I almost thought of releasing my Green Madexx but I think I'll still give him another shot.

Going to say goodbye to 10 pets:

Gondria
Skoll
Ghostcrawler
Karoma
Gosh-Haldir (going for Mahamba in STV)
The Kurken
Oil Wolf
Echeyakee
SP Dragonhawk
Dart

Perhaps some more: here are my stables if anyone is interested: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/n ... mersyn/pet

Wish me luck :cry: I just feel like if i'm not going to use the pet anytime soon, then why keep it? I still have the pleasure of stating "oh i tamed him before" about all the rares, but alas its time to part with these that I know I wont use in the future.

Thoughts...comments...emotional outbursts.... all welcome.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Re: Time to let a lot of pets go :(

Unread post by Phaul578 »

Keep the spirit beasts...don't let those go..and the Oil Wolf if ever blizz pulls a "Ghost Wolf" and denies it to anyone going forward but never EVER dump spirit beasts.
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

I feel ya... its hard letting go. Even if you didn't use em, part of you still went into taming them. I have gotten into the habit of "rotating the stock" so to speak. I have at least 2 pets I need to level to 85 and two pets just in case random dungeon procs and I need something I can count on. The last spot stays empty, just in case I see something I really want to tame or some ZOMGRARE pops onto my radar and I feel like snagging something epic.

Most of the ones you let go are semi-easily retamed. Keep your madexx unless its not the color you want. Its amazingly epic if you have one on some servers as he has a life expectancy of 2 minutes. Not to mention Madexx is awesome for pvp. Oh.. and have you ever seen him swim? I'm not sure if the other scorps do that, but swimming waving his tail fully extended behind him... To me, it looks badass... I named him SunTzu and I write a tragic bloody massacre with his tail and my venomous quill.

I am usually a one pet guy, so I kinda have to force myself to accept that other pets have a place in my stables. I have my Ravager I'm leveling now and.. I know hes the best looking pet imo that I can use for the melee debuff, but I'm not really a ravager guy... Once I come up with a really well suited name, that may change a little. I gotta have a reason to break him out. I have 3 spirit beasts and I've promised myself I won't tame anymore.

We need to go back to the unlimited stables idea. IMHO. I want my stables to look like an interactive version of petopia's data banks....
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Epicfail wrote:I feel ya... its hard letting go. Even if you didn't use em, part of you still went into taming them. I have gotten into the habit of "rotating the stock" so to speak. I have at least 2 pets I need to level to 85 and two pets just in case random dungeon procs and I need something I can count on. The last spot stays empty, just in case I see something I really want to tame or some ZOMGRARE pops onto my radar and I feel like snagging something epic.

Most of the ones you let go are semi-easily retamed. Keep your madexx unless its not the color you want. Its amazingly epic if you have one on some servers as he has a life expectancy of 2 minutes. Not to mention Madexx is awesome for pvp. Oh.. and have you ever seen him swim? I'm not sure if the other scorps do that, but swimming waving his tail fully extended behind him... To me, it looks badass... I named him SunTzu and I write a tragic bloody massacre with his tail and my venomous quill.

I am usually a one pet guy, so I kinda have to force myself to accept that other pets have a place in my stables. I have my Ravager I'm leveling now and.. I know hes the best looking pet imo that I can use for the melee debuff, but I'm not really a ravager guy... Once I come up with a really well suited name, that may change a little. I gotta have a reason to break him out. I have 3 spirit beasts and I've promised myself I won't tame anymore.

We need to go back to the unlimited stables idea. IMHO. I want my stables to look like an interactive version of petopia's data banks....

Phaul~ I'm keeping Loque and Arcturis, both of the Spirit Beasts I actively put time into finding, and the two that I actually like using, I just never clicked with the others... Happens that way sometime. Sure the BP wolf, or oil wolf is cool and all... I just cant handle that Saber-Worg model. Some people like it, I just dont. I have Timber, and I enjoy him since originally he was my first pet at lvl 10 way back when.

Epic~ I do enjoy the hunt of a rare in case I ever have a needed relapse in getting them again. I'll have to try Madexx out in the water and also for PVP (i'm going to go nab the Earth Spirit Tsul'Kalu to try him out as well for the spell interrupt)... but I think for PVP I am weaker against melee classes...maybe cause I'm not using my Madexx... :) Good advice!
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Dont release the spirit beasts!!!! Ppl work so hard for so many days to catch them and to just realease them willy nilly is like a tragic play of betrayal and loss for all of those ppl who would instantly scoop em up into their loving arms if they were able to tame them after you free them...

Also, if you do release any, i like to take my rares that i dont desire anymore and release them back into their original home (took araga back to hillsbrad, mangleclaw i didnt want getting killed by dwarves so i actually released him by bjarn's spawn ground-- he was a much beloved tank pet)

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Spirit Beasts aren't necessarily important to everyone. ;) Sometimes a pet just doesn't click, and there's no point in keeping something like that for the sole reason that it's rare. I've tried and tamed most of the Spirit Beasts and also released most of them as well. They just didn't do anything for me as a whole. I'm not one for collecting trophy pets, I'll only go after a rare if it's a pet that I truly want and bond with. Out of my 25 stable slots only 6 are rares, and only 1 of those is a Spirit Beast.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Vephriel wrote:Spirit Beasts aren't necessarily important to everyone. ;) Sometimes a pet just doesn't click, and there's no point in keeping something like that for the sole reason that it's rare. I've tried and tamed most of the Spirit Beasts and also released most of them as well. They just didn't do anything for me as a whole. I'm not one for collecting trophy pets, I'll only go after a rare if it's a pet that I truly want and bond with. Out of my 25 stable slots only 6 are rares, and only 1 of those is a Spirit Beast.
Yeah I didnt spend any time actually camping any of the spirit beasts besides Loque and Arcturis, just got them from my random flyby strategy. Maybe that has an effect on clicking... I know if Skoll was modeled after the Worg look (like Timber) and not the Saber-Worg look I would have bonded with him more.

Yeah I agree fully with the "Sometimes a pet just doesn't click" and I'm personally done with the "Gotta Catch them All" phenomena that a lot of hunters succumb to at one point or another :P
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I would highly recommend, before you release these pets that you write down their names, what they are and the date and time that you are releasing them. If you ever change your mind and want them back, it would be easy to have a GM give them back to you with that information.

My Marrok and I are shocked that you are letting your Karoma go, but at least you are keeping Loque. Fai approves.

I've considered letting go my own oil stained wolf, but know he would be irreplaceable if I ever changed my mind, so I have not done so. If I need room, I tend to get rid of the easy to replace pets first, but that is me.

Personally I wouldn't drop any of those guys and just roll another hunter, lol, thats what I did at least. >_< My level 58 hunter will go get three of the SB so Shade can drop three of the six at some point, but not for awhile yet *shrug*
Vasken
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Vasken »

D'oh! It's a tough decision, isn't it? If you're not bonding, it's always better to let pets go in return for ones you'll gain more enjoyment from. :D

Have released most of my buff-pets, too. Released the oil-stained wolf and hawk... And the flaming boar's likely to return to the wild next. They fantabulous, but... Didn't match or work with my character at all! Would rather have something I'd love to pieces. :lol:

It's also difficult to own a flaming boar in an RP setting, eek! :oops:

"... I cooked it wrong. Don't look at me like that."

Floof the Sambas!

Vasken - Troll Hunter - Argent Dawn EU

DeviantART || Skreel's Dragon Lair

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Merlynshade wrote:I would highly recommend, before you release these pets that you write down their names, what they are and the date and time that you are releasing them. If you ever change your mind and want them back, it would be easy to have a GM give them back to you with that information.

My Marrok and I are shocked that you are letting your Karoma go, but at least you are keeping Loque. Fai approves.

I've considered letting go my own oil stained wolf, but know he would be irreplaceable if I ever changed my mind, so I have not done so. If I need room, I tend to get rid of the easy to replace pets first, but that is me.

Personally I wouldn't drop any of those guys and just roll another hunter, lol, thats what I did at least. >_< My level 58 hunter will go get three of the SB so Shade can drop three of the six at some point, but not for awhile yet *shrug*
Maybe thats it, i need a new hunter :) I'm having too much fun with my current hunter, even so I don't think i've played another character for about a month.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I have 4 hunters...hehe.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Vasken wrote: It's also difficult to own a flaming boar in an RP setting, eek! :oops:

"... I cooked it wrong. Don't look at me like that."
... i got glitched once and for 3 hours i quested while permanently on fire. It went away after the loading screen on the zepp took me from howling fjord to UC

... i know its not a comment about pets but it reminded me of it and i felt like i had to share cause it was super luls..

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Royi wrote:
Merlynshade wrote:I would highly recommend, before you release these pets that you write down their names, what they are and the date and time that you are releasing them. If you ever change your mind and want them back, it would be easy to have a GM give them back to you with that information.

Maybe thats it, i need a new hunter :) I'm having too much fun with my current hunter, even so I don't think i've played another character for about a month.
I have three now, am thinking of a fourth. They are addictive, and its a lot of fun to run around on a lowbie and go after tames that are in hard to get to areas at those levels.
Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

Awww I feel your pain, I hate letting go of pets :(

But I agree with everyone when they say don't let your Spirit Beasts go you might regret that later, I wouldn't let go of any of my rares except for the ones who's respawn timer is pretty quick, but those that take 24hours o r more stay with me no matter how much I use them or not, just because they took me along time to get and I remember how excited I was to find them.

And I was thinking of letting my Oil Stained wolf go as wel,l but then I was looking at my screenies and saw a picture of my Oil Stained wolf (Void) and my BF's character and me all in a pic together and the fun we had the night I decided to tame one, and I thought I can't let him go, also what if Blizzard takes them away in the future, then he becomes rare and unique so he stays forever too..lol

Its up to you, but I would hold off on getting rid of some of those pets. :)

1 TLPD-Oct 16th 2011 (63 days of camping)
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

I let a couple pets go yesterday myself. Went over to Mount Hyjal; released an Oiled Fladgling at the bird shrine, and a Blackrock Battle Worg at the wolf shrine. Fitting locations if you ask me, Aviana's tree in particular is a good place to release flying pets given how many different birds are flying around it.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Vephriel wrote:Spirit Beasts aren't necessarily important to everyone. ;)
^This. I didn't plan on getting a spirit beast until I found out about Ghostcrawler. So when I was leveling archaeology in Northrend in my early 80s and stumbled across Skoll, I decided to keep 'Rochelle' ...at least until when questing in Twilight Highlands, I ran into Karoma. I asked in general if anyone was a BM hunter, and the only one who said yes didn't reply to me asking if they wanted to tame Karoma, so I got to enjoy 'Sapphire' until I finally found my Ghostcrawler, 'Aquamarine'. The point of rares is to enjoy them, not feel like you're stuck with them forever, so if you'd rather have different pets, get them instead.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Another thing to consider about the spirit beasts is that keeping all 6 in your stables pretty much fills a quarter of your stable slots with one kind of pet. If you're Vephriel or Taluwen, and have multiple high-level hunter, then doing so won't be as restrictive on what you can have in your stables. However, until Royi not only starts another hunter but levels him/her up to 80-ish, keeping around spirit beasts just because they are spirit beasts is rather hobbling.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Vephriel wrote:Spirit Beasts aren't necessarily important to everyone. ;) Sometimes a pet just doesn't click, and there's no point in keeping something like that for the sole reason that it's rare. They just didn't do anything for me as a whole. I'm not one for collecting trophy pets, I'll only go after a rare if it's a pet that I truly want and bond with.
Pretty much this (edited out the bits that did not apply to me).

Making another hunter certainly solves a lot of issues. I have 6, and yet I still find, that despite two of the hunters having been made SOLELY for the reason of getting the pets I can't fit on my four main theme-y hunters, there are random pets that will come out and snag your heart. Then there are those that didn't work on your main, but suddenly find love with another hunter. And then, sadly, there are those that you took for them because of a previous attachment, who are just not working, no matter what you do (looking at you Lord Condar!). I say ditch the Spirit Beasts if you're not feeling the love.

But do make another hunter too. It's fun. :lol:
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Im a collector in general but i do switch my spirit beasts around often from my stables... i feel that the ones i worked for are too hard for me to abandon and gondria who popped while i was on a flight path was destined for me.

Im a firm believer that its not luck but the pet desiring to become your lifelong companion, thats partially why i was pretty strong in my first post, i worked for days to get most of my spirit beasts and about 3 weeks of play-time in sholazar for Loque.

All the rares that have common-medium timers (and regular beasts too) that i own otherwise, i keep them cause i love their color-- im afraid they may be removed from game-- or cause i really do have a strong bond with them.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Well I let all of them go from the list (saved the Kurken and Skoll) and it was nice to see 10 stable slots open and I was even able to divide the first page for my SV pets, the second for my BM pets.

I went and replaced my Gosh -Haldir croc with Mahamba in STV (because of the Spiritness to him). Boy he was big in the wild.

Xakaal ~ I still have 3 spirit beasts. Since I never worked hard for the others (just random fly bys once in a while) it was probably a lot easier for me to let them go.

~Even though I know the Oil Wolf may be forever lost at one point (or is already), I never really liked the model. Same with Karoma, I just don't like the regular wolf look and the saber-worg look.