Can they....do that?

User avatar
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am
Realm: several

Can they....do that?

Unread post by Redith »

So I was watching Vampires Suck, a parody of all the vampire hype...when I noticed they are using alot of the songs and music from the Twilight soundtrack. And not just sound alike music or songs, the real ones...can they do that?
Image
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Can they....do that?

Unread post by Saturo »

It's parody, and I think parodies are excluded from copyright laws and such. Not sure tough.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 15644
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Gender: absolutely not

Re: Can they....do that?

Unread post by Azunara »

Didn't a lot of the Twilight songs come from awesome bands?

LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?

How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
User avatar
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am
Realm: several

Re: Can they....do that?

Unread post by Redith »

Azunara wrote:Didn't a lot of the Twilight songs come from awesome bands?

LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?

How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
Yep but they are also have music in it made only for the Twilight movie.
Image
User avatar
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2496
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Can they....do that?

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Ugh, I curled up and cried in a corner when I heard Muse was being used for TWILIGHT....

*starts sobbing again*

~VelkynKarma

Image

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>


A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Can they....do that?

Unread post by cowmuflage »

most parodies are excluded from copyright laws so they can do that.
User avatar
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

Re: Can they....do that?

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Redith wrote:So I was watching Vampires Suck, a parody of all the vampire hype...when I noticed they are using alot of the songs and music from the Twilight soundtrack. And not just sound alike music or songs, the real ones...can they do that?
like original soundtrack stuff? I think that might be owned by the people who composed it, not the studios. I might be wrong but if I am, I go with the other people.

Image

Post Reply