Can they....do that?
Can they....do that?
So I was watching Vampires Suck, a parody of all the vampire hype...when I noticed they are using alot of the songs and music from the Twilight soundtrack. And not just sound alike music or songs, the real ones...can they do that?
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Can they....do that?
It's parody, and I think parodies are excluded from copyright laws and such. Not sure tough.
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
Re: Can they....do that?
Didn't a lot of the Twilight songs come from awesome bands?
LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?
How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?
How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
Re: Can they....do that?
Yep but they are also have music in it made only for the Twilight movie.Azunara wrote:Didn't a lot of the Twilight songs come from awesome bands?
LIKE MUSE? >:| OR THE KILLERS?
How dare they mess with my Muse and Killers...
- VelkynKarma
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 2496
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:40 pm
- Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
- Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.
Re: Can they....do that?
Ugh, I curled up and cried in a corner when I heard Muse was being used for TWILIGHT....
*starts sobbing again*
~VelkynKarma
*starts sobbing again*
~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>
A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature ![]()
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Can they....do that?
most parodies are excluded from copyright laws so they can do that.
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
- Bellatryx
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 541
- Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:22 pm
- Realm: Nesingwary
- Gender: Female
- Location: Texas
Re: Can they....do that?
like original soundtrack stuff? I think that might be owned by the people who composed it, not the studios. I might be wrong but if I am, I go with the other people.Redith wrote:So I was watching Vampires Suck, a parody of all the vampire hype...when I noticed they are using alot of the songs and music from the Twilight soundtrack. And not just sound alike music or songs, the real ones...can they do that?



