A Plethora of (Mini-) Pet News

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

A Plethora of (Mini-) Pet News

Unread post by Mania »

Since so many of us here collect mini-pets as well as hunter pets, I thought you might be interested in these news tidbits.

First: The Collector's Edition of StarCraft II is apparently going to include a WoW in-game mini-pet that "can be applied to all World of Warcraft characters on a single Battle.net account".

Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, it's very clever cross-over advertising. On the other hand, I don't play StarCraft and there's no way I'm shelling out for a Collector's Edition of a game I don't play. *shrug*

Second: Warcraft Pets has news of an new add-on that will let mini-pet owners interact with their pets in a more hunter-like fashion. Says Warcraft Pets:
Essentially, PetsPlus makes your companions more interactive by adding a happiness indicator and reputation to each pet in your collection. Pet owners can create new levels of relationships with their pets as they respond to certain emotes and actions. Emote responses for each pet can be further customized and "trained" by the player.
This is all add-on based, of course, not native game code. But it sounds like a very intriguing addition on multiple levels.
Dragon616
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight

Re: A Plethora of (Mini-) Pet News

Unread post by Dragon616 »

Wow, think I just found a new way to occupy time till raid! Thanks Mania!

Let sleeping foxes lie...

And a huge Thank You to Ket Shi for the awesome Avatar and Siggy!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

ohh i may have to gte the starcraft thing i do love that game.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Mania wrote:Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about this. On the one hand, it's very clever cross-over advertising. On the other hand, I don't play StarCraft and there's no way I'm shelling out for a Collector's Edition of a game I don't play. *shrug*
I'm with you there Mania. I am intrigued by the game but there's no way I'm buying a collector's edition of a game I might like because of a WoW minipet.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

Indeed. Probably to eBay for me...

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well it would be very silly to buy it just for the pet. I think im going to get it but im a fan of the game so yeah. Best warhammer 40K ripoff ever :D and yes it is but hey its a good one.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Actually Cow... Warcraft and Starcraft were originally intended to be Warhammer and WH 40k, but the games got 'scrapped' LATE in development, so the group of WH employees who got canned along with the games decided to finish them. At least, that's what I've heard from about every 'geek' in my town... =)

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

yeah dude thats not true. They would be too way similur to warhammer if that was the case. I mean you can tell they take things like orcs and the zerg from warhammer but other things are fully theres. I'm not saying the game styles are copys anyone could tell you that in warhammer you dont use solo units like you do in starcraft its all about squads etc. Who ever told you that do not know what there talking about.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm with the headhumper on this one. THe differnences are far too great for that statement to be true.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.