enough said
- Miacoda
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 3140
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
- Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
- Gender: Female
Re: enough said
Like I said, it really emphasized that he takes action before thinking. He's going to call a girl pretty before he thinks how she might react to it.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr
- Kerafirewing
- Apprentice Hunter

- Posts: 93
- Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:27 am
- Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
- Gender: F IRL M+F in-game
- Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.
Re: enough said
The pandas strike me as a race that just takes things as they are presented for the most part. So for a female panda to show not only beauty but the strength of body and mind to fight for what they believe in would get them admired twice as much. After reading the original text from the thread, it pokes at what I tend to see alot of in life. (And yes I'm female irl) Women want to get ahead yet too many of them are just lazy and want it just given to them or want to just use their bodies (sex) and looks (beautiful so keep guys THINKING they might get somewhere) to get whatever they want. So it's "ah, beauty AND brains" type of thing.
This also pokes (for my view) at the whole topic of why you pick the gender you do for a toon. Guys don't want to look at guy butts the whole time they are logged in so play female toons and supposedly vice versa. Wrong but that is the impression I get especially considering it's always "dude" and "man" in game and then get told "photos or gtfo" when I get fed up and say I'm female.
Also, it's just human nature to want to be "beautiful" so you want your game toon to be beautiful as well. It's the "if you could be" type of thing. If you could wake up tomorrow and be your in-game character, would you want to look like you made it in-game or like the vision of the wicked old witch with stringy hair and a wart on the end of your nose?
Things like this just get on my nerves. It's a game for crying out loud. If Blizz actually let them be "real" what do you think the male orcs would say about the female dance? (just one example) Sheesh. Play the game and move on if you're going to or logout. It also sounds like some other games might get just as bad (the one post about rift or whatever and the "cat" people).
Okay. I've ranted enough. Just my two cents.
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
Re: enough said
There's that goblin lady in Razor Hill that flirts with all the male characters and harrasses all the females...
There's the Freewind Brave that quests with you in Thousand Needles and kinda flirts with you at some point, even if you're male: he says "There is something special about you, that is much certain." I did find this really cool because for once it was a NPC that said something more than just "do this quest for me because I'm too lazy", he cared about my character.
And I don't see any harm in the former version of the quest. So more personality to NPC = more good memories on questing.
But I think that it will stay this way so we better deal with it.
Re: enough said
Myself I was somewhere in between.
- Lisaara
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 17426
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
- Realm: Moon Guard
- Gender: Genderfluid
- Location: US
- Contact:
Re: enough said
So heres the big threads fighting to get him changed back....
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427563774
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427534790
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427667375
We can thank these ladies kindly for getting him changed in the first place: http://wow-ladies.livejournal.com/16006338.html
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: enough said
Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.
Myself I was somewhere in between.
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
Re: enough said
I wish all quest givers had a "Actually, I just skip the quest text. Can I have XP now?" option. =P

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.
- Lisaara
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 17426
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
- Realm: Moon Guard
- Gender: Genderfluid
- Location: US
- Contact:
Re: enough said
Rofl, Wassa. XD I kinda wish we had that option too.Wassa wrote:This whole thing is blown out of proportion. I can see how the original text could be offensive, but not enough to change it. The changed text, however, is still perfectly fine with me. Why some people are fighting to change it back to something some people found offensive I don't know. I'm not calling out anyone here that is fighting for either side of this. I just don't get it. *shrugs*
I wish all quest givers had a "Actually, I just skip the quest text. Can I have XP now?" option. =P
I think it's more of the principle of the matter that has many pretty ticked that it got changed because a small handful can't take a compliment without thinking it's a sexist remark. Many feel the line gave Ji personality....now the new line is bland, boring, skipover text. And in truth, if you look at the first page, those fighting to get it changed back are more than willing to compromise so both parties can be mostly satisfied.
Re: enough said
I'm glad it wasn't just meKalliope wrote:Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.
Myself I was somewhere in between.
People need causes, I guess
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: enough said
I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly.Wain wrote:I'm glad it wasn't just meKalliope wrote:Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.
Myself I was somewhere in between.
People need causes, I guess
Seriously, there's a womanizing character in SWTOR who offended the hell out of me, but I never said "remove him from the game because I am offended by this smarmy guy." I don't get why the OP couldn't just dislike Ji and move on.
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
- Miacoda
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 3140
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
- Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
- Gender: Female
Re: enough said
I understood it. Also looks like Acherontia did too.Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.
Myself I was somewhere in between.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr
- Lisaara
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 17426
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
- Realm: Moon Guard
- Gender: Genderfluid
- Location: US
- Contact:
Re: enough said
Oh dont get me going on the ME3 ending.... *Goes off to flip a table while ranting about wanting turian babies*Kalliope wrote:I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly.Wain wrote:I'm glad it wasn't just meKalliope wrote: Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.
People need causes, I guess
Seriously, there's a womanizing character in SWTOR who offended the hell out of me, but I never said "remove him from the game because I am offended by this smarmy guy." I don't get why the OP couldn't just dislike Ji and move on.
- Gimlion
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1912
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
- Realm: Nordrassil
- Gender: Male
Re: enough said
Aren't they making an extended/alternate ending for it as DLC? Or is that what's upsetting?Jessibelle wrote:Kalliope wrote:Oh dont get me going on the ME3 ending.... *Goes off to flip a table while ranting about wanting turian babies*Wain wrote:
I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly.
Seriously, there's a womanizing character in SWTOR who offended the hell out of me, but I never said "remove him from the game because I am offended by this smarmy guy." I don't get why the OP couldn't just dislike Ji and move on.
Edit: Err, I messed up the quote, but the question gets across anyways.
"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: enough said
That's the rumor, thankfully. The one that went to release wasn't very satisfying and basically didn't fit the rest of the game, let alone the rest of the series. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the super-short version.Gimlion wrote:Aren't they making an extended/alternate ending for it as DLC? Or is that what's upsetting?
Edit: Err, I messed up the quote, but the question gets across anyways.
All claims of "artistic integrity" being "compromised by whiners" are complete and utter bs.
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
- Lisaara
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 17426
- Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
- Realm: Moon Guard
- Gender: Genderfluid
- Location: US
- Contact:
Re: enough said
Yeah that DLC thing is a rumor. Only DLC I've seen come out recently was for the multiplayer where you can play as geth.Kalliope wrote:That's the rumor, thankfully. The one that went to release wasn't very satisfying and basically didn't fit the rest of the game, let alone the rest of the series. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the super-short version.Gimlion wrote:Aren't they making an extended/alternate ending for it as DLC? Or is that what's upsetting?
Edit: Err, I messed up the quote, but the question gets across anyways.
All claims of "artistic integrity" being "compromised by whiners" are complete and utter bs.
Long story short....your choices in ME1, 2, and 3 didn't matter and you got the same endings....which all were utter crap.
Re: enough said
But their right. People will click on Ji, hardly pay attention to his colorful text because they care more about the quest objective, then run off to do whats needed to get the XP and think nothing more about it.
- Acherontia
- Community Resource

- Posts: 3072
- Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
- Realm: Argent Dawn EU
- Gender: Female
Re: enough said
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I remember when everyone saying this was in the minority, and being mocked, and then everyone played it and went all "WTF?" style. I'm glad they're making an "extended" version via DLC.Kalliope wrote: I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly..
Joker would never abandon me like that.
/end derail >.>
Re: enough said
And apparently the original complainer has come out as a guy saying "lol I TROL U!" about the whole deal. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Re: enough said
I don't even want to read that that site makes me puke in the mouth a little >_>Jessibelle wrote:
We can thank these ladies kindly for getting him changed in the first place: http://wow-ladies.livejournal.com/16006338.html
*steals avatar back from ellaran* nononono no molesting my cutie :3



