enough said

User avatar
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female

Re: enough said

Unread post by Miacoda »

I can see how someone would get offended by this, but it doesn't change the fact that most guys think girls are pretty, and will sometimes say so. That's just how the world goes. It doesnt make a girl any less of a person on how they look. As long as what's inside is amazing, looks shuldnt be something to be offended about. It would just be taken as a compliment and moved on with. Ji Firepaw is one of those guys who sees a pretty girl and tells them that. Okay, so he didn't say that to the guy. He's straight. He's complimenting a guy in the only way he--as a straight guy--can.

Like I said, it really emphasized that he takes action before thinking. He's going to call a girl pretty before he thinks how she might react to it.
Last edited by Miacoda on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Image

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

User avatar
Kerafirewing
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:27 am
Realm: Sisters of Elune (Used to be Uldaman)
Gender: F IRL M+F in-game
Location: Grooming my pets by the stable master in the Tauren District.

Re: enough said

Unread post by Kerafirewing »

I either missed this entirely or it was already changed the last couple of days when I was in the beta. If it was changed, that is just wrong. After looking over some of the thread, it sounds like someone got way too sensitive. From the sound of it, the poster seems like the type that would scream harassment if ANYONE said hello to them on the street. They would be thinking the person was flirting with them, regardless of gender.

The pandas strike me as a race that just takes things as they are presented for the most part. So for a female panda to show not only beauty but the strength of body and mind to fight for what they believe in would get them admired twice as much. After reading the original text from the thread, it pokes at what I tend to see alot of in life. (And yes I'm female irl) Women want to get ahead yet too many of them are just lazy and want it just given to them or want to just use their bodies (sex) and looks (beautiful so keep guys THINKING they might get somewhere) to get whatever they want. So it's "ah, beauty AND brains" type of thing.

This also pokes (for my view) at the whole topic of why you pick the gender you do for a toon. Guys don't want to look at guy butts the whole time they are logged in so play female toons and supposedly vice versa. Wrong but that is the impression I get especially considering it's always "dude" and "man" in game and then get told "photos or gtfo" when I get fed up and say I'm female.

Also, it's just human nature to want to be "beautiful" so you want your game toon to be beautiful as well. It's the "if you could be" type of thing. If you could wake up tomorrow and be your in-game character, would you want to look like you made it in-game or like the vision of the wicked old witch with stringy hair and a wart on the end of your nose?

Things like this just get on my nerves. It's a game for crying out loud. If Blizz actually let them be "real" what do you think the male orcs would say about the female dance? (just one example) Sheesh. Play the game and move on if you're going to or logout. It also sounds like some other games might get just as bad (the one post about rift or whatever and the "cat" people).

Okay. I've ranted enough. Just my two cents.
My precious guardians
Other hunters: Tobias, Roxie, Kynsia, Jaystus, Kegtapper, Noriana, Cleo, Lakota, Romulus, Roxie, Solari, Sahkura, Syren, Ladywolf
User avatar
Rower
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:32 pm
Gender: Male

Re: enough said

Unread post by Rower »

I don't get the whole mess with this NPC.
There's that goblin lady in Razor Hill that flirts with all the male characters and harrasses all the females...
There's the Freewind Brave that quests with you in Thousand Needles and kinda flirts with you at some point, even if you're male: he says "There is something special about you, that is much certain." I did find this really cool because for once it was a NPC that said something more than just "do this quest for me because I'm too lazy", he cared about my character. :)
And I don't see any harm in the former version of the quest. So more personality to NPC = more good memories on questing.

But I think that it will stay this way so we better deal with it.
User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 14059
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: enough said

Unread post by Wain »

Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.

Myself I was somewhere in between.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17426
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well people(including me) are fighting to get it changed back because it was wrong for them to cave in to a very small minority that were going "Something bad happened to me IRL so this sickens me"(I kid you not....it was probably the biggest thing to come up)

So heres the big threads fighting to get him changed back....
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427563774
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427534790
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427667375

We can thank these ladies kindly for getting him changed in the first place: http://wow-ladies.livejournal.com/16006338.html

Image
Lisaara ღ Pokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.

Myself I was somewhere in between.
Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1542
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am

Re: enough said

Unread post by Wassa »

This whole thing is blown out of proportion. I can see how the original text could be offensive, but not enough to change it. The changed text, however, is still perfectly fine with me. Why some people are fighting to change it back to something some people found offensive I don't know. I'm not calling out anyone here that is fighting for either side of this. I just don't get it. *shrugs*

I wish all quest givers had a "Actually, I just skip the quest text. Can I have XP now?" option. =P

Image
A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17426
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wassa wrote:This whole thing is blown out of proportion. I can see how the original text could be offensive, but not enough to change it. The changed text, however, is still perfectly fine with me. Why some people are fighting to change it back to something some people found offensive I don't know. I'm not calling out anyone here that is fighting for either side of this. I just don't get it. *shrugs*

I wish all quest givers had a "Actually, I just skip the quest text. Can I have XP now?" option. =P
Rofl, Wassa. XD I kinda wish we had that option too.

I think it's more of the principle of the matter that has many pretty ticked that it got changed because a small handful can't take a compliment without thinking it's a sexist remark. Many feel the line gave Ji personality....now the new line is bland, boring, skipover text. And in truth, if you look at the first page, those fighting to get it changed back are more than willing to compromise so both parties can be mostly satisfied.

Image
Lisaara ღ Pokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 14059
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: enough said

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.
Myself I was somewhere in between.
Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.
I'm glad it wasn't just me ;)

People need causes, I guess ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.
Myself I was somewhere in between.
Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.
I'm glad it wasn't just me ;)

People need causes, I guess ;)
I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly. ;)

Seriously, there's a womanizing character in SWTOR who offended the hell out of me, but I never said "remove him from the game because I am offended by this smarmy guy." I don't get why the OP couldn't just dislike Ji and move on.

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female

Re: enough said

Unread post by Miacoda »

Wain wrote:Was I the only one who felt that the Daily Blink was mocking both sides of the controversy? People seem to be reacting as if the comic supported the side that they agreed with.

Myself I was somewhere in between.
I understood it. Also looks like Acherontia did too. :)

Image

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17426
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:
Kalliope wrote: Nah, looked like shame was directed at all participants to me too.
I'm glad it wasn't just me ;)

People need causes, I guess ;)
I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly. ;)

Seriously, there's a womanizing character in SWTOR who offended the hell out of me, but I never said "remove him from the game because I am offended by this smarmy guy." I don't get why the OP couldn't just dislike Ji and move on.
Oh dont get me going on the ME3 ending.... *Goes off to flip a table while ranting about wanting turian babies*

Image
Lisaara ღ Pokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

User avatar
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
Realm: Nordrassil
Gender: Male

Re: enough said

Unread post by Gimlion »

Jessibelle wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Wain wrote:
I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly. ;)

Seriously, there's a womanizing character in SWTOR who offended the hell out of me, but I never said "remove him from the game because I am offended by this smarmy guy." I don't get why the OP couldn't just dislike Ji and move on.
Oh dont get me going on the ME3 ending.... *Goes off to flip a table while ranting about wanting turian babies*
Aren't they making an extended/alternate ending for it as DLC? Or is that what's upsetting?


Edit: Err, I messed up the quote, but the question gets across anyways.

Image

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Kalliope »

Gimlion wrote:Aren't they making an extended/alternate ending for it as DLC? Or is that what's upsetting?


Edit: Err, I messed up the quote, but the question gets across anyways.
That's the rumor, thankfully. The one that went to release wasn't very satisfying and basically didn't fit the rest of the game, let alone the rest of the series. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the super-short version.

All claims of "artistic integrity" being "compromised by whiners" are complete and utter bs.

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17426
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:
Gimlion wrote:Aren't they making an extended/alternate ending for it as DLC? Or is that what's upsetting?


Edit: Err, I messed up the quote, but the question gets across anyways.
That's the rumor, thankfully. The one that went to release wasn't very satisfying and basically didn't fit the rest of the game, let alone the rest of the series. There's a lot more to it than that, but that's the super-short version.

All claims of "artistic integrity" being "compromised by whiners" are complete and utter bs.
Yeah that DLC thing is a rumor. Only DLC I've seen come out recently was for the multiplayer where you can play as geth.

Long story short....your choices in ME1, 2, and 3 didn't matter and you got the same endings....which all were utter crap.

Image
Lisaara ღ Pokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 am

Re: enough said

Unread post by Arwyn »

Good ol' Daily Blink.

But their right. People will click on Ji, hardly pay attention to his colorful text because they care more about the quest objective, then run off to do whats needed to get the XP and think nothing more about it.
User avatar
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 17426
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:11 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Genderfluid
Location: US
Contact:

Re: enough said

Unread post by Lisaara »

Image
Lisaara ღ Pokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

User avatar
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 3072
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: Female

Re: enough said

Unread post by Acherontia »

Kalliope wrote: I have a much better cause: a new ending for Mass Effect 3. THAT is worth being upset over. This is just plain silly. ;).
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I remember when everyone saying this was in the minority, and being mocked, and then everyone played it and went all "WTF?" style. I'm glad they're making an "extended" version via DLC.

Joker would never abandon me like that.

/end derail >.>
User avatar
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 pm
Realm: Hyjal
Gender: Male

Re: enough said

Unread post by Ellaran »

For once, mmo-champion's comment section on the Ji article isn't full of derp and fail. There's an enormous push to reinstate the original dialogue.

And apparently the original complainer has come out as a guy saying "lol I TROL U!" about the whole deal. Somehow I'm not surprised.

Image

User avatar
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 am
Realm: EU- Kazak

Re: enough said

Unread post by Malackai »

Jessibelle wrote:
We can thank these ladies kindly for getting him changed in the first place: http://wow-ladies.livejournal.com/16006338.html
I don't even want to read that that site makes me puke in the mouth a little >_>

*steals avatar back from ellaran* nononono no molesting my cutie :3
Image
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Locked