Red Mantidtank beast
Red Mantidtank beast
When looking arround with Eagle Eye in Townlong Steppes, I came arround some red mantidtanks which happen to be beasts.
There are some Big ones, some really small ones and some normal mantids(humanoids) arround.
There are some Big ones, some really small ones and some normal mantids(humanoids) arround.
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
vswindajd asodadadjasfaiaiaarrusawrururruesorerieresjhriesdfahfayfiufa
Sorry! I'm done.
As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:
EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE
Sorry! I'm done.
As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:
EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
- Miacoda
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 3140
- Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
- Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
- Gender: Female
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Best reaction ever.Qraljar wrote:vswindajd asodadadjasfaiaiaarrusawrururruesorerieresjhriesdfahfayfiufa
Sorry! I'm done.
As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:
EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE
Ogod those little ones are adorable.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
That's great news
Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
- Kalliope
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 14063
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
- Realm: Dethecus
- Location: Thedas
- Contact:
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Ooooh, good catch!
Yay lurkers who come bearing good news!

Yay lurkers who come bearing good news!
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Even if they get diets they may not be tameable. Still we can only wait n see.Wain wrote:That's great newsBefore now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
cowmuflage wrote:Even if they get diets they may not be tameable. Still we can only wait n see.Wain wrote:That's great newsBefore now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
I doubt that even Blizzard would be so sadistic as to make them beasts and then untamable. Especially since they look like Silithid Colossi which are already tamable. xD
Though..
..

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
How is that sadistic? They may not even be ment to be beasts for all we know.
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
I meant in the case that they are supposed to be beasts. :p

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
- Gimlion
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1912
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
- Realm: Nordrassil
- Gender: Male
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
I agree, it'll be a tad cruel, or at the very least very teasing if the tanks are made beasts but not tamable... However, would they be put into Silithids? They're aren't technically silithids, they're mantids, which is a different (although possibly related) species of insectoid.
"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Hah, that's a thought that just shot through my head as I went to open this thread. I wonder too.. Cranes are in the Tallstrider family and we don't know if that's permanent, but one could assume that it is permanent, so I don't really know..

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Back to topic, I just found another Mantid tank labeled as beast. It's named: Kovok and although when he's targeted he shows no category(humanoid, beast, undead, etc), track beast notifies him as a beast. Like the other tank that we found, he's red and belongs to a faction. So he may not be hostile or anything at all, but that does give (me at least) us some hope.
I'll be uploading a screenie shortly.
I'll be uploading a screenie shortly.

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Alright, there I go.
In that picture with Kovok, I only had track beast activated.
In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?
I am fairly sure that was the spot, after checking the minimap, the surroundings and the name of the mobs there who are also dead and the same as the ones in Wain's screenshot with Voress'thalik, just with a different, buggy model.
So I have no idea what happened to that, to be frank!
EDIT: Kovok belongs to the Klaxxi(?) faction, which is supposedly the last group of mantids that aren't crazed by Sha/Old Gods/Thingamajig/Santa Claus and we have to help them take back what belongs to them(?)
In that picture with Kovok, I only had track beast activated.
In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?
I am fairly sure that was the spot, after checking the minimap, the surroundings and the name of the mobs there who are also dead and the same as the ones in Wain's screenshot with Voress'thalik, just with a different, buggy model.
So I have no idea what happened to that, to be frank!
EDIT: Kovok belongs to the Klaxxi(?) faction, which is supposedly the last group of mantids that aren't crazed by Sha/Old Gods/Thingamajig/Santa Claus and we have to help them take back what belongs to them(?)
- Attachments
-
- Kovok
- Kovok.jpeg (401.67 KiB) Viewed 2636 times
-
- Voress'thalik location
- Voress´thalik.jpeg (419.83 KiB) Viewed 2636 times

Kunchong for hunter pets!
Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
- cowmuflage
- Petopia Artist
- Posts: 11998
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
- Realm: dath remar
- Gender: female
- Location: New zealand, auckland
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Haha ghost mantids!
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!
- Chimera
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 7584
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
- Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
- Gender: Male
- Location: I have no idea
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Ohhh i think i would be up to taming this big red brute on my orc if they become tameable, and i get her up to lvl 90 XD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon
| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |
- Gimlion
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1912
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
- Realm: Nordrassil
- Gender: Male
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?
"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
- GormanGhaste
- Community Resource

- Posts: 6722
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
- Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
- Gimlion
- Grand Master Hunter

- Posts: 1912
- Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
- Realm: Nordrassil
- Gender: Male
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Thank you!GormanGhaste wrote:/cast !Eagle EyeGimlion wrote:What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?
"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Re: Red Mantidtank beast
Yeah, I've been unable to relocate that one too. Either it's a rare or they removed it again after testing something.Qraljar wrote: In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?
One other thing that I was worried about is that there's a precedent for things classed as beasts that are also sentient. The boss spiders in Firelands were like that. Not that I want to cast doubt on the tameability of these mantid tanks. I'm hoping!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.



