Red Mantidtank beast

Artill
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:16 pm
Realm: Ravencrest

Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Artill »

When looking arround with Eagle Eye in Townlong Steppes, I came arround some red mantidtanks which happen to be beasts.
There are some Big ones, some really small ones and some normal mantids(humanoids) arround.
WoWScrnShot_050412_145807blacknames.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050412_145807blacknames.jpg (568.89 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
WoWScrnShot_050412_145842blacknames2.jpg
WoWScrnShot_050412_145842blacknames2.jpg (522.95 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Qraljar »

vswindajd asodadadjasfaiaiaarrusawrururruesorerieresjhriesdfahfayfiufa


Sorry! I'm done.

As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:

EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
User avatar
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:25 am
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde
Gender: Female

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Miacoda »

Qraljar wrote:vswindajd asodadadjasfaiaiaarrusawrururruesorerieresjhriesdfahfayfiufa


Sorry! I'm done.

As people usually say around these parts of the internet when something excites them:

EEEEEee-ee-eeeEEe-e-ee-EeEe-eee-eeEE
Best reaction ever.

Ogod those little ones are adorable. :lol:

Image

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 14059
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Wain »

That's great news :) Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
User avatar
Ellaran
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:16 pm
Realm: Hyjal
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Ellaran »

Niiiiiiiice, they are beasties =D A step towards being by my side

Image

User avatar
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 14063
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Realm: Dethecus
Location: Thedas
Contact:

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ooooh, good catch!

Yay lurkers who come bearing good news! :D :hug:

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:That's great news :) Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
Even if they get diets they may not be tameable. Still we can only wait n see.
User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Qraljar »

cowmuflage wrote:
Wain wrote:That's great news :) Before now the only one I knew of in the game was humanoid. Then again, it could be that these are the mistake. I guess we have to wait and see if they end up with diets.
Even if they get diets they may not be tameable. Still we can only wait n see.

I doubt that even Blizzard would be so sadistic as to make them beasts and then untamable. Especially since they look like Silithid Colossi which are already tamable. xD

Though..

..
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by cowmuflage »

How is that sadistic? They may not even be ment to be beasts for all we know.
User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Qraljar »

I meant in the case that they are supposed to be beasts. :p
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
User avatar
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
Realm: Nordrassil
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Gimlion »

I agree, it'll be a tad cruel, or at the very least very teasing if the tanks are made beasts but not tamable... However, would they be put into Silithids? They're aren't technically silithids, they're mantids, which is a different (although possibly related) species of insectoid.

Image

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Qraljar »

Hah, that's a thought that just shot through my head as I went to open this thread. I wonder too.. Cranes are in the Tallstrider family and we don't know if that's permanent, but one could assume that it is permanent, so I don't really know..
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Qraljar »

Back to topic, I just found another Mantid tank labeled as beast. It's named: Kovok and although when he's targeted he shows no category(humanoid, beast, undead, etc), track beast notifies him as a beast. Like the other tank that we found, he's red and belongs to a faction. So he may not be hostile or anything at all, but that does give (me at least) us some hope.

I'll be uploading a screenie shortly.
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
User avatar
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Posts: 2123
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:21 pm
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Qraljar »

Alright, there I go.

In that picture with Kovok, I only had track beast activated.

In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?

I am fairly sure that was the spot, after checking the minimap, the surroundings and the name of the mobs there who are also dead and the same as the ones in Wain's screenshot with Voress'thalik, just with a different, buggy model.

So I have no idea what happened to that, to be frank!

EDIT: Kovok belongs to the Klaxxi(?) faction, which is supposedly the last group of mantids that aren't crazed by Sha/Old Gods/Thingamajig/Santa Claus and we have to help them take back what belongs to them(?)
Attachments
Kovok
Kovok
Kovok.jpeg (401.67 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
Voress'thalik location
Voress'thalik location
Voress´thalik.jpeg (419.83 KiB) Viewed 2632 times
Image
Kunchong for hunter pets!


Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
User avatar
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Posts: 11998
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Haha ghost mantids!
User avatar
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7584
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:19 am
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)
Gender: Male
Location: I have no idea

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Chimera »

Ohhh i think i would be up to taming this big red brute on my orc if they become tameable, and i get her up to lvl 90 XD

Image
Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

User avatar
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
Realm: Nordrassil
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Gimlion »

What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?

Image

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
User avatar
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 6722
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Gimlion wrote:What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?
/cast !Eagle Eye
Image
User avatar
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1912
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:57 am
Realm: Nordrassil
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Gimlion »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Gimlion wrote:What's the macro for the chain Eagle-Eying?
/cast !Eagle Eye
Thank you!

Image

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 14059
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Red Mantidtank beast

Unread post by Wain »

Qraljar wrote: In the other picture, I tried to find Voress'thalik to check if maybe the categorization got changed to beast aswell, but to my surprise found that he/she/it was not there. I dunno, maybe scrapped or relocated or anything else?
Yeah, I've been unable to relocate that one too. Either it's a rare or they removed it again after testing something.

One other thing that I was worried about is that there's a precedent for things classed as beasts that are also sentient. The boss spiders in Firelands were like that. Not that I want to cast doubt on the tameability of these mantid tanks. I'm hoping!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Locked