Which RL fighting style should I train in?

User avatar
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:26 am
Realm: several

Which RL fighting style should I train in?

Unread post by Redith »

So I have the opportunity to get official training in using either a shortsword/machete/gladius or tomahawk/hand axe with a weapon instructor. Which one should I pick hmm?
Image
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 7073
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance
Gender: Female foxen
Location: I am "here" or so the directory tells me.
Contact:

Re: Which RL fighting style should I train in?

Unread post by Makoes »

Definitly Swords/Machete/Gladius. More fun, and I would assume more relevant to situations (how many people pull knives on people compared to axes?)

Image

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:35 pm
Realm: Draka
Gender: Male for both
Location: If I'm somewhere else, I can't be here

Re: Which RL fighting style should I train in?

Unread post by Danielfboone »

Can't help you since I have won the last three gold medals awarded at the couch potato Olympics. :D
Image
User avatar
Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 665
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm
Realm: Moon Guard
Gender: Female

Re: Which RL fighting style should I train in?

Unread post by Tsuki »

BREWMASTERY. DRINK BOOZE DODGE HITS. *shot*

But yeah I'd prolly say go with the swordtype, since AFAIK, that stuff is more about technique which can help you disarm and stuff, while axes seem to be more about strength and vital points.
Then again, tomahawks are badass, and make good throwing weapons...

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Post Reply