WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:19 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Myzou wrote:
Has the fix been done on the PTR yet?


Yup. It wasn't really clear from the initial post, but that is indeed a screenshot from the PTR. My own tamed baby is now a normal white direhorn. The wild hatchlings hadn't been up, so I couldn't verify that the babies were still in the wild (though undoubtedly untameable), which is why I'm holding off on posting further myself. :)

Never mind, they're up today. And they're friendly to players. (So therefore, they are untameable by all.) And...oh my....

Image

MORE COLORS!


Attachments:
baby direhorns.jpg [184.97 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:19 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11899
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Myzou wrote:

The point of the PTR is to test things. Not reporting bugs/errors you find goes against the entire point of playing on it.



Sadly I know so many people who don't :/ I never got the whole "lets not report something they'll never find out" thing they always find out :lol:

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:51 pm 
Offline
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:56 pm
Posts: 1602
Location: Aincrad
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US
Gender: The Manliest Man ever
blizzard should change the currently tamed ones to one of the stone direhorn skins because it would be unfair to let some people keep a pet color that doesnt make stompy noises where after the patch hits nobody else can get that....might as well give them a unique skin ;)

_________________

Image

My dragons


Deviantart



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:08 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm
Posts: 4449
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.
Gender: Female
Zangor wrote:
blizzard should change the currently tamed ones to one of the stone direhorn skins because it would be unfair to let some people keep a pet color that doesnt make stompy noises where after the patch hits nobody else can get that....might as well give them a unique skin ;)


Sorry but Blizzard would never do this. Maybe eventually the stone direhorns but I doubt it. What I mean is you cant argue based of fairness sake because people still have pet slimes, ghost hydras and ghost crocolisks as well as the original Grimtotem wolf that ISN'T BM. I don't think Blizzard cares if its fair or not because if they did all of those would be taken away from the hunters that already have them.

_________________

Image



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:36 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Besides, this is hardly the first time a common beast has disappeared from the available beasts list.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:26 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Posts: 11899
Location: New zealand, auckland
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
I mean you can still get the skins so no real big loss :/

_________________
I am a professional 2D animator :3
Heres my DA page
My wow model sheets (NSFW) that anyone can use!
First 251 Pokemon in Adventure time style! By me XD
Cow's art thread!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:48 pm 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:14 pm
Posts: 1107
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood
Gender: Male
cowmuflage wrote:
I mean you can still get the skins so no real big loss :/

Good replacement as any, I suppose. Any of the new Direhorn pets + Magical Pet Biscuit

Granted, this time they won't grow to the size of some kind of Godzilla hatchling.

_________________

Image
Armory - Hunter Pets - Companions/Mounts



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:42 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Followup video posted, for those interested in visual evidence. :)

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:59 pm 
Offline
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 pm
Posts: 2963
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Realm: Zul'jin(US)
Gender: Female
but this means no one non stompy white direhorns right? :c


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 8:20 pm
Posts: 3200
Kalliope wrote:
Equeon wrote:
I mean, if you ask me, keeping harmless appearance buff pets through the tame/kill/spam revive method (or any method) is much more of an exploit than taming a model that was changed on purpose. The appearance-buff glitch lasted for quite a while and has come up in many different forms, and ultimately was only removed when it was abused and affected gameplay.


It's more that your post was about covering up future discoveries in the hopes that they would slip through to live servers than determining what pets are "more" of an exploit. Both you just mentioned were exploits/bugs and needed to be reported, whatever the consequences for the pets.

There's always a best-case scenario, where we report something and Blizzard says "hey, you can keep it!" There's only one way to find that out, though.


However, we are a victim of our own success here. Used to be that these things were discovered on live, which meant in some cases that people did get to keep those pets. Now, since they are discovered on the PTR, it's easy for Blizz to take them away, and they never make it to live at all. Also considering that we have multiple pipelines to Noah here, the chances of anything unintentional making it to live is O.

_________________
Account has been closed at user's request.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Slickrock wrote:
Kalliope wrote:
Equeon wrote:
I mean, if you ask me, keeping harmless appearance buff pets through the tame/kill/spam revive method (or any method) is much more of an exploit than taming a model that was changed on purpose. The appearance-buff glitch lasted for quite a while and has come up in many different forms, and ultimately was only removed when it was abused and affected gameplay.


It's more that your post was about covering up future discoveries in the hopes that they would slip through to live servers than determining what pets are "more" of an exploit. Both you just mentioned were exploits/bugs and needed to be reported, whatever the consequences for the pets.

There's always a best-case scenario, where we report something and Blizzard says "hey, you can keep it!" There's only one way to find that out, though.


However, we are a victim of our own success here. Used to be that these things were discovered on live, which meant in some cases that people did get to keep those pets. Now, since they are discovered on the PTR, it's easy for Blizz to take them away, and they never make it to live at all. Also considering that we have multiple pipelines to Noah here, the chances of anything unintentional making it to live is O.


Porcupines, silkworms, and the two grub skins would like to have a word with you.

Qinni wrote:
but this means no one non stompy white direhorns right? :c


The last I had heard, it was not 100% confirmed that those were the only non-stompy direhorns, but the investigation ground to a halt.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 pm 
Online
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:00 pm
Posts: 4864
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
Kalliope wrote:
Qinni wrote:
but this means no one non-stompy white Direhorns right? :c

The last I had heard, it was not 100% confirmed that those were the only non-stompy Direhorns, but the investigation ground to a halt.

I have now checked both the 'Adolescent Direhorns' and 'Direhorns' on Isle of Thunder, and they both have regular stompy sounds. I didn't check the Loa-Infused one, but my instincts say loud :)

_________________
Browncloaks Unite


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:22 am 
Offline
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:16 pm
Posts: 1102
Realm: Proudmoore
Kalliope wrote:

Porcupines, silkworms, and the two grub skins would like to have a word with you.


First two yes.

But the grubs were found on live and made untameable in the next patch. :P


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:43 am 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Myzou wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Porcupines, silkworms, and the two grub skins would like to have a word with you.


First two yes.

But the grubs were found on live and made untameable in the next patch. :P


And those who had them got to keep them. My point stands. :)

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:33 am 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 am
Posts: 218
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: Female Void Elf
I've had nothing but raptors for over a week now :/

_________________
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:20 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Sar wrote:
I've had nothing but raptors for over a week now :/


Unless you're after the white one or just want to visit the babies, then it doesn't matter anymore.

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 am
Posts: 218
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: Female Void Elf
So we're unable to get a quiet, non-stompy Direhorn at all now?

_________________
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:32 am 
Offline
The Insane
The Insane
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Posts: 11637
Gender: Male
Sorry, I got confused here.

Have the ones on Live changed ID or have the baby model ones on the PTR?

And if the ones on live haven't changed ID it's weird they're no longer stompy!

_________________
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 am
Posts: 218
Realm: Argent Dawn EU
Gender: Female Void Elf
I'd got into the Thunderforge area before it opened up fully via the cave, and tamed one of the Adolescents there, and it turned out to be stompy. If that changed after the area opened up fully then I might try taming another one.

_________________
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Unread postPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:57 pm 
Offline
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 am
Posts: 14062
Location: Thedas
Realm: Dethecus
Wain wrote:
Sorry, I got confused here.

Have the ones on Live changed ID or have the baby model ones on the PTR?

And if the ones on live haven't changed ID it's weird they're no longer stompy!


I didn't actually look at the IDs (oops...), but the baby I'd previously tamed turned white.

According to players who have tamed them, the white ones from the pen are the only non-stompy direhorns, meaning that they never were. I haven't been able to fully verify that, but that's what's been said here. :)

_________________

Image
Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!



Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group