You have to allow trusted sites with noscript. Click the S button (or if the yellow bar is up, the 'options' button), and see what's being stopped. If you're on worldofwarcraft.com and you know it's the real deal, go ahead and allow it. If you're on wowhead.com and it wants you to allow some strange site named moar-wow-for-u.com (I made that up, don't try to open that, I take no responsibility for anything that may ensue if you do!!) then... don't allow it. If some sites keep popping up on different sites, you can set them to untrusted. Just make sure they're not vital to the site you're on. (Google has a bunch of sub-sites for example. They're all named something to do with google.)
Just got hacked...
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Just got hacked...
You have to allow trusted sites with noscript. Click the S button (or if the yellow bar is up, the 'options' button), and see what's being stopped. If you're on worldofwarcraft.com and you know it's the real deal, go ahead and allow it. If you're on wowhead.com and it wants you to allow some strange site named moar-wow-for-u.com (I made that up, don't try to open that, I take no responsibility for anything that may ensue if you do!!) then... don't allow it. If some sites keep popping up on different sites, you can set them to untrusted. Just make sure they're not vital to the site you're on. (Google has a bunch of sub-sites for example. They're all named something to do with google.)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- Chrizesu
- Community Resource

- Posts: 1089
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 am
- Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)
- Gender: Female Dragonkin
- Location: Albany Oregon USA
- Contact:
Re: Just got hacked...


Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Just got hacked...
It's not just that. They got too popular. Hackers know them so they know to work around them. But yeah, they also sold out.Chrizesu wrote:Should never use Symmantic (aka norton). They sold out on their security.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
Re: Just got hacked...
Never been a fan of them anyway, I didn't update my sub with them,Sarayana wrote:It's not just that. They got too popular. Hackers know them so they know to work around them. But yeah, they also sold out.Chrizesu wrote:Should never use Symmantic (aka norton). They sold out on their security.
I bought Kaspersky for the Mac last night as soon as I realized what was happening. It didn't find anything (other than bad email attachments).
And to make matters worse...
Just found out that the hackers cleared out 40-50 stacks of stuff from the GBank of one of my guilds. Somehow they bypassed what should have been a 5-stack limit. The GM already put in a ticket for it, and was nice enough about it when I got on vent to tell them what happened. But I feel like an idiot. I should have warned them (or at least tried to) last night when I knew I was getting hacked, but didn't think about it.
sigh...
Re: Just got hacked...
Yep, gonna take some time.. the real fun is going to be on my wife's laptop with all the anime sites she visits...Sarayana wrote:You have to allow trusted sites with noscript. Click the S button (or if the yellow bar is up, the 'options' button), and see what's being stopped....
- Saturo
- Posts: 18809
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
- Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
- Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.
Re: Just got hacked...
I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"
Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.
Re: Just got hacked...
Not a bad idea, allthough I might save that for my banking and work sites, and leave FF for wow stuff.Saturo wrote:Could always try google chrome. It checks googles database of "bad sites", so it's essentially NoScript without the setup.
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Just got hacked...

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
- kairii
- Artisan Hunter

- Posts: 609
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 pm
- Realm: EU-Arathor
- Gender: Female
- Location: England
Re: Just got hacked...
and im sure none of your guildies mind items can be restored they are just coding :p
the faster blizz knows about it the faster it would be sorted

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature ♥
- zedxrgal
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 6474
- Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am
- Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash
- Gender: Female
- Location: In the bushes watching. Always watching.
Re: Just got hacked...
I'm an avid Kaspersky user and have been for four years!!! I will not recommend anything else or use anything else EVER. Nothing gets through! Nothing!
I also only use Google Chrome with adblock on it also. I NEVER EVER use IE. EVER! IE just seems to have to many viruses and keyloggers not to mention it's SLOW.
I've never been hacked. Never had a virus although believe me they've tried.
It's great that the GM's are helping you out. I hope you get all your toons and stuff restored.
Below signature by LupisDarkmoon

My FR Lair!
My Lion Den!
Re: Just got hacked...
I'm back!!!
I lost about 2k or so in auctions on my hunter that had ended as far as I can tell, no way to tell exactly what I lost there. Not a big deal.
On my toons on another server, I gained a LOT of extra mats (like 4 bags full of stuff, mostly enchanting mats) that I suspect might be from the GBank robbery, but no way to tell for certain (but it's quite likely, it was on my bank alt on that server, not the main character, but still...).
However, on that bank alt, I lost my 5-tab GBank as that toon was transferred to a different server.
So right now, I'm just sitting on that, and see what happens in the next few days. If the GM of the guild gets the stuff back, then I may sell stuff to restore my GBank. If they don't I'll probably send them some stuff. If Blizz comes asking for it, that can take it.. Not sure what else to do.
So overall, it came out even. I'm a bit queasy about the extra mats, but will just have to see what happens.
Now here's the odd part... All the low-level toons, and only the low-level, got the core-hound pup for the authenticator that the hackers put on the account. But none of the 80s did. Explain that one...
Re: Just got hacked...
Going to go sit on a hill in Storm Peaks and wait for TLPD while I reset all the key bindings.
Re: Just got hacked...
- Sarayana
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 4685
- Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
- Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US
Re: Just got hacked...

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3
Re: Just got hacked...
Re: Just got hacked...
I put in 2 tickets, one for my Jeeves and the MOLL-E, and another to report the pile of extra stuff on my one toon. I couldn't bring myself to not report that extra loot, it wasn't like it was just one or two stacks.Sarayana wrote:I'd open a new ticket. Tell them that the guild bank is missing, mention Jeeves and the mailbox... I haven't ever heard from anyone that lost their guild bank, so I've no idea if they'll restore it, but it stands to reason that they will, since I've heard of them restoring entire, large guilds. Jeeves and the mailbox should be straight up.
The GM had already ticketed for the raided guild bank, and they will only listen to the GM regarding that anyway. Don't know if the extra stuff was from there or not, I'm let the game masters decide that.
Re: Just got hacked...
Wish they had that for the Mac.Fael wrote:Another tool that can be handy to have running is a program like Malwarebytes.
Re: Just got hacked...
- Vephriel
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 16439
- Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
- Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
- Gender: Female
- Location: Canada
Re: Just got hacked...
- Dewclaw
- Illustrious Master Hunter

- Posts: 5649
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:32 pm
- Realm: Llane
- Gender: Female
- Location: VA
Re: Just got hacked...
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=21632- Flight Rising
Kia Kaha.


