Twin Peaks BG Info

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 am

Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Arwyn »

Blizz has put up some info on the Twin Peaks Battleground.

I was mainly hoping the announcement would explain more about the Dragonmaw clan but they just say they provide a " strategic importance" to the Horde. (After they mention that the clan spent years working to enslave red dragons. Nice way to make people want to take up arms for them Blizz. )
Last edited by Arwyn on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Saturo »

Albino raptor mount!
Image

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Texas

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Ryai »

Well it's not like the BG is going to provide us with a retired mount Saturo.



And not just that. Anyone get a look at the Screenie with the 'windmill'?

Image

Oh yeah. Ripped wings from red flight. I mean this is really going to get us on the good side of Alexstrasza now!

Good going Garrosh. Good going Blizz. Yaaay horde are evil dragon killers now!

*doublefacepalm*
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Saturo »

I vuws you Garrie!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Vephriel »

Lol!!! :lol: I'm sorry, but...wow. That windmill takes the cake for epic trollage. I'm laughing so hard right now, ahaha. The lack of subtlety is ridiculously hilarious.
User avatar
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: male

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Gala »

epic windmill is full of epic win.

i love it!
User avatar
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 4685
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:34 am
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Sarayana »

That's awesome. The Official Horde is going to be so deliciously evil! ;)

Saturo, I think that's the tiny raptor from the TCG: http://www.wowtcgloot.com/little_white_ ... bridle.htm

Image
Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

User avatar
Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 718
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Anansi »

Dammit I was expecting a BG styled by David Lynch and with Kyle McLachlan as a boss.
Image
User avatar
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: Female

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Nevar »

Wow... No offense but I am so glad I'm alli right now.. GG Garrosh...way to be evil

Image

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16439
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Vephriel »

Nevar wrote:Wow... No offense but I am so glad I'm alli right now..
None taken, I for one couldn't be happier with all this Horde focus and development. :D
User avatar
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2584
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:32 am
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.
Gender: Female
Location: Under your bed!
Contact:

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Aleu »

I thought Garrosh was going to do stuff that would make him more popular... So far he's doing the opposite. =P Though, according to some rumors, the Dragonmaw have apparently 'redeemed' themselves.

...THRALL FOREVER AS WARCHIEF! -waves flags-

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

User avatar
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:32 pm
Realm: Hellscream
Gender: Female

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Nevar »

I dont think using red dragonwings for a wind mill count as redeeming yourself... Dear Blizz, Bring Thrall back - thank you

Image

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Fael
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Fael »

Needs to be a black lodge and a red room somewhere! People have also made mention of there needing to be cherry pie and damn good coffee. :p
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 am

Re: Twin Peak BG Info

Unread post by Arwyn »

Fael wrote:Needs to be a black lodge and a red room somewhere! People have also made mention of there needing to be cherry pie and damn good coffee. :p
Hehe..for the heck of it they might as well name any reward items or Achievements done there after the show.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Posts: 3485
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Gender: Wink wink.
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!
Contact:

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Ryno »

Twin Peaks, WSG 2.0.

Now with more Horde-Being-Asses Evidence!

Image

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:16 am
Location: Texas

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Ryai »

Ryno wrote:Twin Peaks, WSG 2.0.

Now with more Horde-Being-Asses Evidence!

No lies my hordies had nothing to do with this- my drood Coal is weeping in a corner.
None taken, I for one couldn't be happier with all this Horde focus and development.
Sorry but I don't see how 'lets make horde evil' = development, mean not unless we get to kill Garrosh. And are forced to redeem ourselves. Again. It's just a random twist that wouldn't make sense in even a story. It'd be like me writing a story, and then deciding halfway through, you know what, lets throw out everything and make one of the grey sides evil for no reason at all. Mean they know the only way they're getting away with this is cause Saurfang is still in outlands.

Guess at anyrate I now have no reason to really want to pvp whatso ever again.
User avatar
Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 307
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 am
Realm: Llane

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Vespias »

I have every confidence that this is the very first step in a massive story line that will end in the horde rising up against Garrosh and returning Thrall back to where he was born to be. In fact, when it is revealed where Thrall has gone I bet we'll see the destination of the next expansion. Yeah, I think Blizz works that far in advance. In the meantime, I will enjoy being deliciously evil if it makes all you alli players feel better so watch out...I'll be in your hometowns, hiding in your closets coming out to kick your grandmothers and eat your puppies!

Image

User avatar
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: male

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Gala »

Ryai wrote:
Ryno wrote:
None taken, I for one couldn't be happier with all this Horde focus and development.
Sorry but I don't see how 'lets make horde evil' = development, mean not unless we get to kill Garrosh. And are forced to redeem ourselves. Again. It's just a random twist that wouldn't make sense in even a story. It'd be like me writing a story, and then deciding halfway through, you know what, lets throw out everything and make one of the grey sides evil for no reason at all. Mean they know the only way they're getting away with this is cause Saurfang is still in outlands.

Guess at anyrate I now have no reason to really want to pvp whatso ever again.
If everyone was all happy and flowers and sunshine, that would get really boring really fast. I honestly feel that this isn't the typical "Good-go-bad-get-redeemed" storyline. This arch makes perfect sense from a story-telling standpoint. Remember Thrall and Garrosh a few days before WoTLK launch? Remember the conversation between Saurfang the Elder and Garrosh in Warsong Hold? Remember Garrosh and Varian in the Ulduar Trailer? Garrosh is willing to stomp out the alliance AT ANY COST. The fact that Garrosh is 1) doing something like this and 2) going to do more bad things in the future is awesome. This is the rise of a fantastic dictator/tyrant/bad leader storyline, and frankly, I have felt that the alliance almost always got all the fun plots. I could not be more excited about the Horde finally getting some awesome attention.

I personally think the windmill thing is hilarious. I'm sure Gala would have something other to say though.
User avatar
Saturo
 
Posts: 18809
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:21 pm
Gender: Mortally impaired geekgirl
Location: My secret lair on Skullcrusher Mountain.

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Saturo »

Galadrael wrote:I'm sure Gala would have something other to say though.
You're not Gala? Sharing accounts or something?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

User avatar
Gala
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm
Realm: Nesingwary
Gender: male

Re: Twin Peaks BG Info

Unread post by Gala »

Saturo wrote:
Galadrael wrote:I'm sure Gala would have something other to say though.
You're not Gala? Sharing accounts or something?
There is me, and then there is Gala.

I differentiate between myself and my character. I imagine Gala is actually very different from me. You know, aside from the fact of being able to wear plate armor, properly wield an axe in combat, etc.
Post Reply