10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by Wain »

And... done! Thanks for the suggestion :)

backtotop.png
backtotop.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 15339 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Wain wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:01 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:22 am How do you get it to even look like that? I just get a vertical column like this. What you posted looks excellent, but I can't seem to find where that even is. I'm in Firefox on build 118.0.1 (64-bit), if that's contributing.
EDIT: The attachment is only for coursers, but it's like that on every page for me.
Oh, that sounds like your css (the instructions that tell your browser how to lay out and colour the page) is cached and old. Like, from before I added the new css for the index.

Try hitting ctrl-shft-r and see if that fixes it :) That's a forced reload.
Yep, that fixed it. It's been so long since I last had to do that for any website that I forgot to even try that. Now that I've actually seen it the way it was intended, the new addition is nice.Same with the "return to top" button, which is a nice qol change.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:26 am Yep, that fixed it. It's been so long since I last had to do that for any website that I forgot to even try that. Now that I've actually seen it the way it was intended, the new addition is nice.Same with the "return to top" button, which is a nice qol change.
Great to know! Thanks 😊
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Woke up to see that mine fixed itself, it looks way better than what I saw yesterday
Zetsoban
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Wain wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:45 am And... done! Thanks for the suggestion :)

backtotop.png
Wow that was so fast! Glad to have helped!
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:24 pm Off-topic, but this is the most read thread and this is related to new looks.

To help you find the look you want, all family guides on Petopia now have a model index.

I've been meaning to add this for ages. An index wasn't so important in the old days, but the huge number of models have really blown out the page sizes now, and make it so much harder to navigate family pages without one.

Please gimme any feedback, if you find bugs or have problems with usability.
Dang, that's really helpful. Thank you!
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

After reading the article of Anu'relos.. it seems that this mount is the key to get the druid form of the Flame Owl, the idea that the Hunterpet is tied to it in the same way... isn't that unlikely
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Calling it now; we gotta defeat Fyrak as a 10+ team of only hunters to get the item to tame our fire bird. Uldir 2.0!

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_101123_145416.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101123_145416.jpg (392.72 KiB) Viewed 15093 times
The druid forms finally have been implemented, I think the dreamsaber is broken or something, I noticed this bug when I was enjoying these forms, Idk if it was always like this or just this build, it's like the teeth in the middle stretch with the jaw like taffy
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Aroim wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:29 pm After reading the article of Anu'relos.. it seems that this mount is the key to get the druid form of the Flame Owl, the idea that the Hunterpet is tied to it in the same way... isn't that unlikely
Which pisses me off.

Mythic Raiders already get the best gear, and a mount exclusive to them.

They don't need MORE things. They're quite literally the smallest playerbase. -.-
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:56 pm WoWScrnShot_101123_145416.jpg
The druid forms finally have been implemented, I think the dreamsaber is broken or something, I noticed this bug when I was enjoying these forms, Idk if it was always like this or just this build, it's like the teeth in the middle stretch with the jaw like taffy
I did a little research for myself, I decided to do a comparison to the mount, not even the mount has this weird broken jaw

Mount Model
IMG_3063.jpeg
IMG_3063.jpeg (414.6 KiB) Viewed 15060 times
Wild Model
IMG_3064.jpeg
IMG_3064.jpeg (459.25 KiB) Viewed 15060 times
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

It's a shame, you now get the right thorn, but the dagger seems to be unfinished, it's not an item that you can use, if you right click on it it just disappears and, if there isn't another npc, the npc/name change works obviously not with that either :(
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:12 pm It's a shame, you now get the right thorn, but the dagger seems to be unfinished, it's not an item that you can use, if you right click on it it just disappears and, if there isn't another npc, the npc/name change works obviously not with that either :(
I don’t understand why the bear one gets lots of issues, but the cat and stag one worked day one, for a month I’ve been browsing the ptr at least once a week and nothing
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

But I have to say that the bear's dagger has looked like this the whole time. At first I was hoping that it was simply an error in the database... but it ended up in the game, unfinished with the others D:
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:21 pm But I have to say that the bear's dagger has looked like this the whole time. At first I was hoping that it was simply an error in the database... but it ended up in the game, unfinished with the others D:
Yeah it’s just as disturbing as the dreamsaber model issues I mentioned above in a bother kind of way
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

The meme actually came true huh. Bear dagger is just destined to not work on live at this point lol.

My Flight Rising lair

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah Astera is always going to be displaced and won’t find herself a loving companion, same with any dreamsaber, those taffy teeth are living in my head rent free
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:26 pm
Aroim wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:21 pm But I have to say that the bear's dagger has looked like this the whole time. At first I was hoping that it was simply an error in the database... but it ended up in the game, unfinished with the others D:
Yeah it’s just as disturbing as the dreamsaber model issues I mentioned above in a bother kind of way
The thing about the teeth is the stuff of nightmares, I saw it too when I was on my druid .. D:
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Aroim wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:54 pm
worgpower wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:26 pm
The thing about the teeth is the stuff of nightmares, I saw it too when I was on my druid .. D:
Not even the mount has this issue, I posted about it earlier, I hope it gets fixed before release, or else I won’t tame one
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks. I'll pass on the dreamsaber mouth bug. Hopefully there's a good chance it gets fixed, especially if it affects druids, and doubly especially if they can use the mount skeleton as a guide for that fix.